• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
3060ti FE still in stock, GPU sales really are in the dumpster.

I wouldn't say that, it's more the fact that the type of customer that uses part alert, telegram etc is the type of customer that is waiting for the next gen that's just around the corner, or they are already sorted for their current needs.

I bet if the masses were aware of the fe stock availability with the obvious price advantage, then they would be gone in a flash. I might go make a post on HotUKDeals :D:D

Soldato
Yeah but they probably gave up checking regularly after seeing it out of stock most of the time can't imagine how painful without having alerts

Last edited:
Soldato
Simple search for 3060 brings up nvidia web store and bam it's there.

Not before showing the 3060/Ti for sale from 20 outlets, all at least £100 over fe prices. And the Nvidia result isn't even showing a price or availability, just a product description.

The fe models haven't even been available for 24hrs yet, so if they are still in stock then great. But not quite dumpster territory yet ;)

Soldato
OP
I don't think it's a case of no buyers, more a case of Nvidia now flooding the market with their remaining 2 year old tech stock prior to releasing the next series.

That is, just because they're still available doesn't mean they haven't sold any. :)

Soldato
No miners buying now , no point for scalpers, more gamers have cards now , more used cards for sale now , some waiting for next gen

Have we met saturation ?

Demand is much lower

G J

G J

Associate
I was expecting and somewhat hoping that the increase of 3060ti FE stock together with general price reductions over the last few months would reduce second hand pricing in this area of performance but people are still happy to overpay for 1080ti/2070/2070s/2080/2080s/3060 etc.

Some 1080ti's are what 5 odd years old now with zero warrenty and the 2070/2080 and possibly the 2xxx supers are also. If ones paying close to £300 for these then just pay the extra £50-£75 and get a new 3060ti. :confused:

I know its hip to hate and blame everything on the crypto bro's at the moment but some blame has to be put onto people overpaying second hand and paying way over the cost for brand new.

Last edited:
Associate
So after digging out my loft I came across a **** load of PS2 games.. quite a few were some 'rarer' games worth up to £35 each.. needless to say I sold my 2080 Ti to my brother for his Titan Xp + £300... I also had a 1080 lying around so after I traded both the Titan + 1080 + ps2 games into a well know 2nd hand store it only cost me £60 to buy an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW.. they had the gaming x Trio and Suprim none x it was a tough choice but I love EVGA and it *should* sell easier in the future... needless to say I am chuffed! the 450watt bios isn't working though? I have the NONE ultra.. still it accepts 150 core & 750 memory ( haven't tried higher yet ) without any crashes.. peaks at 2115mhz and sits mid 2000s during 4k gaming.. this thing is a monster!!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So after digging out my loft I came across a **** load of PS2 games.. quite a few were some 'rarer' games worth up to £35 each.. needless to say I sold my 2080 Ti to my brother for his Titan Xp + £300... I also had a 1080 lying around so after I traded both the Titan + 1080 + ps2 games into a well know 2nd hand store it only cost me £60 to buy an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW.. they had the gaming x Trio and Suprim none x it was a tough choice but I love EVGA and it *should* sell easier in the future... needless to say I am chuffed! the 450watt bios isn't working though? I have the NONE ultra.. still it accepts 150 core & 750 memory ( haven't tried higher yet ) without any crashes.. peaks at 2115mhz and sits mid 2000s during 4k gaming.. this thing is a monster!!

And in 4-5 months time you can trade that in for a 4060 ti :cry::p

Man of Honour
Where are those people who said nVidia would kill off the FE cards and/or increase their prices massively a few months back? :p

TBH I'm quite surprised nVidia have continued with the FE cards like they have though it puts the AIBs in a bit of a corner - IMO they should continue with the FE offerings like this but they really need to offer the AIBs better customisation at the very least so as to produce more distinct cards (for instance a freer hand over VRAM amounts) - most of the non-FE cards offer a poor prospect in comparison aside from potentially better cooling options.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom