• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
The 3080 ruins everything else price wise though, the only real argument for the 3090 is the extra RAM, there's no need at all for the 3080Ti...
the 3080ti is basically people who want a 3090 but want to save £300. The people who think they need 24gb of ram are just hilarious. Because by the time a game NEEDS that there will be better cards with 24gb of ram which cost less.

Associate
The 3080 ruins everything else price wise though, the only real argument for the 3090 is the extra RAM, there's no need at all for the 3080Ti...
Indeed it does. And if all cards where easily available to purchase, I cant imagine many others would fly off the shelf.
The 3090 has its uses in production and work settings, but if a 3080 and a 3080Ti are on the shelf at the same time I really cant understand why anybody would pickup the Ti. Same applies between FE or AIB. (If anything the price gulf between 3080 and Ti is even worse on the AIBs...)

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Founders Edition is a limited production graphics card sold at MSRP," Nvidia told us this afternoon, "and at this point we don’t have plans to make versions with LHR."

There is no way that you can reasonably take the quote above (which has not been substantiated) and then make this conclusion:

However in case of 3080Ti FE and 3070Ti FE will come with the LHR limiter as standard as the limit is applied as part of the base specs

In any case, that article is complete click bait with no substance. The headline states "Only shipping third-party LHR cards signals the end of life for RTX 3080, RTX 3070, and RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition GPUs."... There is no official statement to this effect and no signs that FE cards are about to be EOL; and the article states that 3080Ti FE will not be LHR, which is wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is no way that you can reasonably take the quote above (which has not been substantiated) and then make this conclusion:

In any case, that article is complete click bait with no substance. The headline states "Only shipping third-party LHR cards signals the end of life for RTX 3080, RTX 3070, and RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition GPUs."... There is no official statement to this effect and no signs that FE cards are about to be EOL; and the article states that 3080Ti FE will not be LHR, which is wrong.

Not correct, The 3080Ti will not be LHR because LHR implies there was a model without LHR.The 3080Ti and 3070Ti came with the hash rate already cut therefore they do not need to differentiate between it and SKUs which came earlier without a LHR limit. The other models, so 3080, 3070 and 3060Ti have chips produced prior to the introduction of LHR, so there your will see differentiation. So no they are not wrong, Nvidia or AIBs for that matter do not need to spit out the 3080Ti is LHR as that is what it has always been in publicly.

The article does make a leap in logic on some parts, but does not negate the part where assuming they are not outright lying about Nvidia telling them: "Founders Edition is a limited production graphics card sold at MSRP," Nvidia told us this afternoon, "and at this point we don’t have plans to make versions with LHR." Now PC world may have misinterpreted limited production to mean EOL which is a leap, but I can believe the FE models which do not have LHR from the onset applied (so 3090, 3080, 3070 and 3060Ti) may see the same rates. The 3080Ti and 3070Ti in FE models will see there hash rate cut. I suppose we will see when people on more recently purchased 3080's, 3070s and 3060Tis.

Man of Honour
This is a big beast; but it looks amazing!

20210628_200415 by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr
2m8gmxN

Associate
the 3080ti is basically people who want a 3090 but want to save £300. The people who think they need 24gb of ram are just hilarious. Because by the time a game NEEDS that there will be better cards with 24gb of ram which cost less.

You are only thinking of it performance wise..... 3090 FE cooler is significantly better than the 3080Ti cooler for example and i can see the extra heat really really bothering some people.

Associate
You are only thinking of it performance wise..... 3090 FE cooler is significantly better than the 3080Ti cooler for example and i can see the extra heat really really bothering some people.

On the contrary lots of people with ITX builds still have cases that can only fit a dual slot card and they would be happy with a 3080 Ti FE.

Theres no evidence at all that the cooler on it is inadequate to keep it running within safe temperatures.

I'll take 90c on a 3080 Ti FE if it means not needing to spend on a new case.

Back
Top Bottom