• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
just checked the bay. the amount of people listing their cards, they have the scan box in the background too. it truly is a sad time. I was tempted. but it really really feels wrong. Most of the people probably don't even game...they just know its in demand and are buying and flipping.

I game. When I can. I'm keeping mine.

Soldato
nvidia should have done a deal with Steam. At least Steam could check you're an active gamer. That might have helped. other than the small % of hard core gamers that dont use steam.

Soldato
I suppose for those people playing old games that want to play at 4k with low textures and high framerates? No card can play modern games at 4k and at 120hz anyway! No at decent settings.

Permabanned
just checked the bay. the amount of people listing their cards, they have the scan box in the background too. it truly is a sad time. I was tempted. but it really really feels wrong. Most of the people probably don't even game...they just know its in demand and are buying and flipping.

Do you think they are they Scan employees?

Associate

I was saying the same thing and 200% + mark ups

Permabanned
nvidia should have done a deal with Steam. At least Steam could check you're an active gamer. That might have helped. other than the small % of hard core gamers that dont use steam.

Yah, lets be real, maybe most people buying these cards are scalpers, listing them on that site you spoke about, to try and make 200 quid or whatever....bit sad really.

I suppose for those people playing old games that want to play at 4k with low textures and high framerates? No card can play modern games at 4k and at 120hz anyway! No at decent settings.

120 fps max settings is very demanding on some games, you might need to turn of AA on RDR2.

I'm now playing CODMW at 120fps max settings, Doom External 120+fps max settings (and looking to push it to 120fps 8k). All the previous CODs, Far Crys, Batmans, MK,.... all run at 120+fps and they are not too old.

Tbh 1080p is just fine, but once you play in 4K you might struggle to go back to 1080p.

Also VR gamers like the bigger cards for the Quest 2. There is also that Virtual Reality, Pimax Vision 8K X VR Headset that sounds like pur overkill.

Last edited:
Associate
No HDMI 2.1 - so no 4K 120hz HDR, big pass from the majority.

Okay if your gaming at lower than console 1080p, 1440P I guess.

I was referring to the 3070ti being a very good gpu compared to a 2080ti considering the price difference between the 2 as another member mentioned it was a bit expensive or something similar at £550 , the extra features you listed just strengthens the 3070ti case as being a good gpu at its msrp of £550 in todays climate .

Soldato

People are evening putting up ads before they've received the cards with "Order Confirmed" in the title, at nearly double the price! It is truly a sad state of affairs for PC gamers.

Last edited:
Associate
The sad truth is though, even if you are a gamer, if you are lucky enough to pick up a 3060ti FE you really should flip it as you can easily get £1K for it from miners. I'm not saying its all gamers flipping cards, but that's over 600 quid profit, so you can go out and buy a 3060Ti from a board partner after at ~£600 quid and you essentially have your GFx card for free. Whilst it may not sit well with your sensibility you can't blame people in this market for taking the opportunity to get a free upgrade.

Soldato
The sad truth is though, even if you are a gamer, if you are lucky enough to pick up a 3060ti FE you really should flip it as you can easily get £1K for it from miners. I'm not saying its all gamers flipping cards, but that's over 600 quid profit, so you can go out and buy a 3060Ti from a board partner after at ~£600 quid and you essentially have your GFx card for free. Whilst it may not sit well with your sensibility you can't blame people in this market for taking the opportunity to get a free upgrade.

Mine isn't going anywhere. I wanted this card due to the unique build I'm in the process of putting together.

Back
Top Bottom