• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Got a 3070, so well pleased with that. As Neoboy above, i'll believe it when its here.

Now i need to decide which to sell, the Strix 1070OC, or the Vega64.

Presumably the 4000 series FE cards will be sold in a similar way to these? though, by then, prices might be better (lol) so we wont have to worry.

Associate
Too slow for the 3070 had no buy button but got the 3060Ti for £369 with free postage well happy.
Didn't want the 3090 at £1399 that's stupid money, can't wait to get my new GPU card DPD are quick delivering will be so much faster then my 1050Ti.

It's dispatched will get it tomorrow, been comparing the FPS difference between the 3060Ti FE and 3070 FE it's so close about 10% to 15% so you don't gain much for the extra £100 at 1080P or 1440P would have liked the £649 3080 FE much more.

Will sell / probably give the 3060Ti to my brother later when I buy a 4070 or 4080.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep. All I want is a 4070. Hell even if I do not get that anytime soon I am fine with what I got.
Yeah the 3070 is still a great all round card especially if you're at 1440p and even 4K with some settings tweaked.

I picked up a 3090 off the MM yesterday for a good price so I'm set for a while. (I need the extra RAM for work related stuff)

(3090 is still there - times are indeed changing! :D)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah the 3070 is still a great all round card especially if you're at 1440p and even 4K with some settings tweaked.

I picked up a 3090 off the MM yesterday for a good price so I'm set for a while. (I need the extra RAM for work related stuff)

(3090 is still there - times are indeed changing! :D)
Nice. Hope you have solar installed at your place :p

I may end up dropping down from 4K to 1440p soon if I end up getting hold of the Alienware QD-OLED monitor so that will be just fine for that. But I do feel a 4070 with 16gb of vram will be a the sweet spot. That should hopefully be as good if not better than a 3090 and at a much lower tdp. Well I hope anyway :D

Really also hope with what’s going on the government invest in solar and make it more appealing to install. If they had a decent feed in tariff then it would make it very appealing as then no need for batteries which really make the cost go up.

Associate
After two years of waiting and getting by on a second hand RX580... cracked and ordered a 3090 FE from the drop. I was after a 3080 originally (I'm only at 1440p, 3090 is massive overkill) but reality bites - when a 3090 FE is cheaper than a 3080Ti something has to give.

I can see why a lot of people are waiting for the 40 series but honestly I don't think things are going to be any better in six months, and after two years of "wait!" i can wait no more.

3090s are still there BTW.

(I've been lurking in the forums ever since this mess first started - it's been interesting reading seeing how things have (barely) progressed...)

Associate
I almost crumbled today, after seeing the 3090FE still in stock after three hours. Managed to wait it out though, hoping there will be some more price drops in the coming months.

Soldato
Nice. Hope you have solar installed at your place :p

I may end up dropping down from 4K to 1440p soon if I end up getting hold of the Alienware QD-OLED monitor so that will be just fine for that. But I do feel a 4070 with 16gb of vram will be a the sweet spot. That should hopefully be as good if not better than a 3090 and at a much lower tdp. Well I hope anyway :D

Really also hope with what’s going on the government invest in solar and make it more appealing to install. If they had a decent feed in tariff then it would make it very appealing as then no need for batteries which really make the cost go up.
:D I wish I had solar!

My Asus 3070 currently uses ~245W max but the first thing I'll do is to undervolt the 3090 which I've read can get it down to ~250W (from 350W) without hardly any loss in performance. So if that's the case I won't be staring at the electricity meter too nervously. ;)

With the current unpredictability of life I'll believe in the 4070 when it launches!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
:D I wish I had solar!

My Asus 3070 currently uses ~245W max but the first thing I'll do is to undervolt the 3090 which I've read can get it down to ~250W (from 350W) without hardly any loss in performance. So if that's the case I won't be staring at the electricity meter too nervously. ;)

With the current unpredictability of life I'll believe in the 4070 when it launches!
Yea, I used to undervolt when I had a 3080. Would be fine in most games, but it did not like it in any RT games.

I’ll ping you when my 4070 arrives ;):p

Associate
After two years of waiting and getting by on a second hand RX580... cracked and ordered a 3090 FE from the drop. I was after a 3080 originally (I'm only at 1440p, 3090 is massive overkill) but reality bites - when a 3090 FE is cheaper than a 3080Ti something has to give.

I can see why a lot of people are waiting for the 40 series but honestly I don't think things are going to be any better in six months, and after two years of "wait!" i can wait no more.

3090s are still there BTW.

(I've been lurking in the forums ever since this mess first started - it's been interesting reading seeing how things have (barely) progressed...)

Thought did cross my mind after seeing no 3080 drop but really don't need that much power at 1440P, will be happy with the 3060Ti FE till it's time to upgrade my whole system maybe next year for the 4070/4080 if any in stock to buy....

would have needed a new 1200 watt PSU for the 3090 only have 850 watt so cost me around £1650+ probably a bigger case too for all that heat / size lol.

You're right it's not going to get any better probably a lot worse with no msrp on anything it cost £5k to upgrade to my next gaming rig and kept waiting month's for the GPU card again.

Last edited:
Associate
Thought did cross my mind after seeing no 3080 drop but really don't need that much power at 1440P, will be happy with the 3060Ti FE till it's time to upgrade my whole system maybe next year for the 4070/4080 if any in stock to buy....

would have needed a new 1200 watt PSU for the 3090 only have 850 watt so cost me around £1650+ probably a bigger case too for all that heat / size lol.

You're right it's not going to get any better probably a lot worse with no msrp on anything it cost £5k to upgrade to my next gaming rig and kept waiting month's for the GPU card again.

I'd just done a build in the few weeks before the 30 series launched ("I'll get everything else and then buy a 3080 on launch day, or at least a 2080 might go cheap when they come out!"... got stuck with the built in graphics on the i9-10900K for six months :cry: ) so hopefully this combo should last me a good while now.

I strongly suspect the 40xx cards will be priced even higher than the 30s - nVidia knows what people are prepared to pay now, plus there's global instabilities to account for. I wouldn't expect much change from a grand for the base 4080, never mind the AIBs. And that's assuming you can get hold of one.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
With the 3080 12Gb models still going for well north of a grand, I'm suspicious of 4080's releasing for 1500+
I am sure some will buy them. Though if I ever wanted one I would buy the FE for half the price. I am not sure if the way things are going in the world right now continue to get worse nvidia will sell half as many units if they hike the prices.

Soldato
With the 3080 12Gb models still going for well north of a grand, I'm suspicious of 4080's releasing for 1500+
I doubt they are selling well though. Interestingly OCUK seem to have been able to get hold of a load 3080 10gb LHR models on the cheap from the manufacturers to forfil some day 1 back orders so clearly the cards are not selling at the silly prices and stock starting to mount up as these companies didn't give a monkeys about people in queues for the last 18 months.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I doubt they are selling well though. Interestingly OCUK seem to have been able to get hold of a load 3080 10gb LHR models on the cheap from the manufacturers to forfil some day 1 back orders so clearly the cards are not selling at the silly prices and stock starting to mount up as these companies didn't give a monkeys about people in queues for the last 18 months.
Wow. Serious? They never fulfilled orders made on release day yet?? Disgraceful…

Back
Top Bottom