• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3d Mark 06 scores thread

ajgoodfellow said:
HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and SM3 stands for Shader Model 3

The X800 series doesn't support Shader Model 3 nor does it support HDR over Shader Model 3. This is why you get N/A for those scores
It doesnt have SM3 but it does a great job of HDR in the half-life 2: lost cost demo.

welshtom said:
i know, been very busy though guys.

to speed things up if you dont get in the top 30 i wont bother putting you in the table as only the top 20 is shown.

sound fair?

Tom

If you could plz add me to the table, scored 4344 marks, score is on this page near the top... thx... :)

Just a quick update for you all.

5702.jpg

welshtom said:
i know, been very busy though guys.

to speed things up if you dont get in the top 30 i wont bother putting you in the table as only the top 20 is shown.

sound fair?

Tom

yeah that sounds fair. i didnt know u got the table on the first page lol. i want in :P

my score is there it was a first run. no overclocking just standard. if i feel brave i might try to overclock but for now. i think im in the top 20 :)

Quick question guys, I keep on getting errors when I try and d/l 3dmark 06 from different sites / mirrors ( on a 1Mb bb connection)

1) I had to leave for about 4 hours and in the end it downloaded 580 mb but the "shortcut" was dead, even if I changed the extension to .exe

2) I left overnight last night and after over eight hours it had only done 300mb and had slowed to a crawl

at this point i rebooted my pc and rebooted my netgear router

3rd attempt was this morning before I went out and when I get back I have a what looks lik a proper 3dMark06_v102_installer.exe but its only 79mb (definitely not 790mb) ? And once clicked it brings up the hour glass for about a second and then nothing happens at all.

Vogon said:
Not too shabby for a single core CPU I think:

A few tweaks and pushing the CPU hard .. I am so cpu limited, overclocking the cards does nothing.

2x X1800XT Crossfire @ stock A64-4000 @ 2.7ghz.

Got to say im surprised, I thought you would get a better score considering you are running 2x X1800XT's. I score 5650 and that's with 2x6800GT's and they are a lot older cards than yours. Looks like my graphic cards are ageing well! :D

Im still tempted to get a 7900GTX when it's released though :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yep ... but yours are Nvidia cards, and for some reason nvidia scores more than ati across the board in 06 ... me cynical ? naaaa ;)
Then you get a shedload more points due to your dual core cpu :)

Well I just got 3985 on the free version of 3dMark06 from following spec:

Opty 144 @ 2.7Ghz
BFG 7800 GT OC ( not oc'ed)
1gb Corsair 4400
Raptor 36Gb
DFT Ultra D
Tagan 480w
P180

Really just did this to get a comparison with my new rig coming tomorrow

Opty 170
X1900XT (Powercolor)
2Gb gskill HZ
to go in above rig
with a new Dell 2005

The free version of 3dmark is with fixed perameters, the new ATI cards are optimised for high res - would I get a better result if I get the full version of 3dmark and change res to optimum for the dell?

FrankJH said:
The free version of 3dmark is with fixed perameters, the new ATI cards are optimised for high res - would I get a better result if I get the full version of 3dmark and change res to optimum for the dell?

But wouldn't the results be meaningless when compared to other machines using 'standard' settings? :confused:

FrankJH said:
Well I just got 3985 on the free version of 3dMark06 from following spec:

Opty 144 @ 2.7Ghz
BFG 7800 GT OC ( not oc'ed)
1gb Corsair 4400
Raptor 36Gb
DFT Ultra D
Tagan 480w
P180

Really just did this to get a comparison with my new rig coming tomorrow

Opty 170
X1900XT (Powercolor)
2Gb gskill HZ
to go in above rig
with a new Dell 2005

Even if you do upgrade and use 3d mark to test your system it means nothing. Ive seen fx 57 with sli 512mb gtx do worse than my stsem so obviousley the new 3dmark favours deul core cpus.

FrankJH said:
Quick question guys, I keep on getting errors when I try and d/l 3dmark 06 from different sites / mirrors ( on a 1Mb bb connection)

1) I had to leave for about 4 hours and in the end it downloaded 580 mb but the "shortcut" was dead, even if I changed the extension to .exe

2) I left overnight last night and after over eight hours it had only done 300mb and had slowed to a crawl

at this point i rebooted my pc and rebooted my netgear router

3rd attempt was this morning before I went out and when I get back I have a what looks lik a proper 3dMark06_v102_installer.exe but its only 79mb (definitely not 790mb) ? And once clicked it brings up the hour glass for about a second and then nothing happens at all.

I got mine from Guru3D and it downloaded without any problems (it was a little slower than most downloads but I didn't have any issues)

I used a European mirror, can't remember which one unfortunately. (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1297)

What are you using to download it? IE can be a little flaky with large downloads - I used Opera 8.51

stvmor said:
But wouldn't the results be meaningless when compared to other machines using 'standard' settings? :confused:

no just to do a bench against my own system is all, but wanted to see if anyone thought it worthwhile - or if I would get the same sort of result

Back
Top Bottom