• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4080 or 7900XTX

I personally got a 7900XTX new on release day, wish i'd gone for the 4080 instead - I didnt feel this way until I tried to play VR games - any other non VR games I'm good - but VR on the 7 series is a joke! (And I sadly play a lot of VR)

Last edited:
Either get a 7900XT for £750 or go all in on a 4090, nothing else really makes any sense.

I would probably add 6800XT for £540 to this, a reasonable upgrade over the 2080 Super without being too expensive and it has 16GB of VRAM so will have decent legs if next gen is a bust.

Outside of those 3 cards though I don't see anything worthwhile for you at the moment.

I personally got a 7900XTX new on release day, wish i'd gone for the 4080 instead - I didnt feel this way until I tried to play VR games - any other non VR games I'm good - but VR on the 7 series is a joke! (And I sadly play a lot of VR)
What's wrong with them in that case out of interest? Is it like frame pacing issues or something?

The RX 7900 XTX is supposed to cost around £930. That's roughly what the reference model price is:

They haven't cut the price yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

At that price, it's a better deal than the 4080 or 4090.

If you don't mind spending a lot and want the best performance, than the 4090 is what you'd get.

Last edited:
Odd, you ordered it pretty early?? Thought OcUK shipped on a Saturday, guess not.
It allowed me Sunday Delivery so I took that. I asumed tomorrow, so called and they were closed. The status is still received, not had any emails. Dunno, Just guessed having the option to pay Sunday delivery meant tomoorow. If its not possible, it shouldn't be an option on a Saturday, guess that's my feedback. Anyway, it's not a cutomer service thread. Just a bit disapointed.

Back
Top Bottom