• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4090 price going up?

Im sure the 4090 FE was in stock on Nvidia site for £1,579.00 when I looked a couple weeks ago. Is that supposed to be a good deal? :eek:
Back in October I bought a 2nd hand 3090Ti MSI - Suprim X from these forums for £815 inc, then sold my 3080 to part fund it. From memory I got about £620 for it

Im sure the 4090 FE was in stock on Nvidia site for £1,579.00 when I looked a couple weeks ago. Is that supposed to be a good deal? :eek:
Back in October I bought a 2nd hand 3090Ti MSI - Suprim X from these forums for £815 inc, then sold my 3080 to part fund it. From memory I got about £620 for it

It was £1520, its gone back up to £1570 and out of stock. I guess one way or another people are buying the the free Alan Wake 2 bundle lol.

It was £1520, its gone back up to £1570 and out of stock. I guess one way or another people are buying the the free Alan Wake 2 bundle lol.
Wow, it icludes Alan Wake 2. I'll buy 2

..can you SLI 4090s? Is SLI even a thing anymore? I think the last card I ran SLI was a 780Ti, it was aweful.

Yeah that was shocking. Wonder if Blizzard gave to Nvidia for free to get more people to play their game.

Probably, as there's absolutley no cost to Blizzard with anything in that bundle, it was essentially a free bag of dust. Either way it failed, as OW2 is dead, mind you they're still flogging a Lilith skin for $40...

:cry:

Well, better than last time when they were offering that Overwatch 2 bundle, some crap skins and in game currency and calling it a "$50 value"

:cry:
Nvidia’s idea of value doesn’t align with the real world, take the 4060ti 16gb where Nvidia value the additional 8gb of VRAM at $100 where as even on the spot market it costs $24 and that’s just for small scale orders and not buying in bulk where it would likely be far cheaper.

Nvidia’s idea of value doesn’t align with the real world, take the 4060ti 16gb where Nvidia value the additional 8gb of VRAM at $100 where as even on the spot market it costs $24 and that’s just for small scale orders and not buying in bulk where it would likely be far cheaper.

Company's with a monopoly love picking an arbitrary item and making it subsidise the stack. Look at how much Meta are charging for an extra 384gb ssd storage what a customer could buy 4TB ssd for on their Quest 3.

Exactly, there seems to be talk that's is all going to return to "normal", I don't think it's even started to kick in yet. Rising energy costs and the the knock on inflation, people coming off fixed rates on mortgages, rent rises are going to suck up lots of disposable income as well as putting up prices. We've been told we now have to return to the office so that will be another expense to factor in. PC upgrades are well down the list of priorities.
You would assume lower demand would lower prices. But in a near monopoly that doesn't seem to happen

You would assume lower demand would lower prices. But in a near monopoly that doesn't seem to happen
Indeed, it's the same in many industries, very few companies/people control the market. There has been a lot of consolidation as they try to keep the high profits rolling. I've said it before but we are in a new age of Robber Barons and at some point it will all have to be broken up and "reset". It's the way the stock market works, once you have all the market and the market is saturated with your products or they are too expensive where do you go to generate sales? It's been made worse by companies getting very rich in one industry then moving into another and buying it up.

I suspect those selling discretionary items may get a shock when consumers just decide to not buy that product at all as they are priced out.

Indeed, it's the same in many industries, very few companies/people control the market. There has been a lot of consolidation as they try to keep the high profits rolling. I've said it before but we are in a new age of Robber Barons and at some point it will all have to be broken up and "reset". It's the way the stock market works, once you have all the market and the market is saturated with your products or they are too expensive where do you go to generate sales? It's been made worse by companies getting very rich in one industry then moving into another and buying it up.

I suspect those selling discretionary items may get a shock when consumers just decide to not buy that product at all as they are priced out.

In the end selling fewer products at higher prices is eventually going to reach a point of diminishing returns. Companies cannot have endless exponential growth as eventually there's just not enough £££ coming in.

There's stock sitting on shelves everywhere on pretty old tech AMD and NV, there's stock everywehre of NV's terrible 60,70,80 cards, you can still buy last gen GPU's nearly 3 years after launch, and AMD/Retailers are obviously artificially limiting stock of 7800XT's to an extent because they're trying to keep prices too high, but after inital pretty quick sell-outs of intial runs you can still get them everywhere pretty much, but they're just priced way too high.

Current situation reminded me of this.

In the end selling fewer products at higher prices is eventually going to reach a point of diminishing returns. Companies cannot have endless exponential growth as eventually there's just not enough £££ coming in.

There's stock sitting on shelves everywhere on pretty old tech AMD and NV, there's stock everywehre of NV's terrible 60,70,80 cards, you can still buy last gen GPU's nearly 3 years after launch, and AMD/Retailers are obviously artificially limiting stock of 7800XT's to an extent because they're trying to keep prices too high, but after inital pretty quick sell-outs of intial runs you can still get them everywhere pretty much, but they're just priced way too high.

Current situation reminded me of this.

Reminds me of the current clickbait media, they're definitely running out of road. I've lost count of the number of "severe" weather events only to get a bit of sun, a mild frost or a few millimetres of rain ;) e.g. The troll from Trondheim:cry:

Thats cos they're delusional :cry:

Back
Top Bottom