• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4090 price going up?

And there we go, OCUK making a lot of profit on the back of gullible customers :cry: .
Yeh deffo not worth getting at those prices :eek::eek:

Can't wait to see what the 5090 is going be - it looks like the cheapest ones are going to start at 2K. What am I talking about 2K? There's cards at 2K now and well above, the Strix is 2.3K - they're not even the the water cooled cards at that! Looks lke it's going to TWO AND A HALF GRAND for a bargain bin 5090...

But no, thery're not profiteering, it's all down to the exchange rates dontcha know?

:cry:

Some things do raise an eyebrow. Like the 4090 Gaming Trio that was on sale for £1599 a few weeks back now £1759. Rumors are Nvidia is charging the board partners more to raise the price, to make the refresh look better. Some weird things going on like Nvida website removing all retailers but one (including ocuk) off their website. It no longer does price comparisons between retailers.

Yeah that’s in the realm of rockstar / ‘I don’t care’ pricing now. Even if people can afford halo product pricing, nobody wants to swallow a ‘bad deal’.

As mentioned, maybe a partial Black Friday thing and/or then gearing up for a 4080 TI launch to make those higher prices seem more reasonable. Dunno.

Yeah that’s in the realm of rockstar / ‘I don’t care’ pricing now. Even if people can afford halo product pricing, nobody wants to swallow a ‘bad deal’.

As mentioned, maybe a partial Black Friday thing and/or then gearing up for a 4080 TI launch to make those higher prices seem more reasonable. Dunno.
If that were true then nobody would have bought the 4000 series and the 7000 series.

Some things do raise an eyebrow. Like the 4090 Gaming Trio that was on sale for £1599 a few weeks back now £1759. Rumors are Nvidia is charging the board partners more to raise the price, to make the refresh look better. Some weird things going on like Nvida website removing all retailers but one (including ocuk) off their website. It no longer does price comparisons between retailers.
It ain't weird, it's just nvidia doing what nvidia always does which is to play everybody for a fool and it works on some.

Last edited:
If that were true then nobody would have bought the 4000 series and the 7000 series.

It’s very pricey but I don’t think a 4090 at £1500 - £1700 is terrible. But knowing it’s been at those prices recently and then seeing the same cards at closer to £2k… uhm, how about no. It’s enough to put me off anyway. But I’m expecting Black Friday deals.

Back
Top Bottom