*** 4K Player Thread ***

Soldato
I missed Logan at the cinema so looking forward to my UHD disc. However not bothered about the black and white version I find it silly. I have a 4k TV for glorious colour detail why on earth do I want to go back over 50 years to see a black and white film on my 4k TV!

Soldato
OP
I missed Logan at the cinema so looking forward to my UHD disc. However not bothered about the black and white version I find it silly. I have a 4k TV for glorious colour detail why on earth do I want to go back over 50 years to see a black and white film on my 4k TV!

Never watched schindler's list then lol . And if you refuse to watch black and white films you're missing out on cinema history.

Soldato
Never watched schindler's list then lol . And if you refuse to watch black and white films you're missing out on cinema history.

Yes I have when I had a SD TV. I also used to watch the Monday and Friday matinee B/W films on ITV when they used to show them, eg Cockleshell Heroes, Harvey, etc etc westerns. Also Harold LLoyd, Laurel and Hardy. I have seen many many B/W films including The Longest Day being one of my favourite. I think you missed my point. Why should I want a B/W version of a film produced for the 4k Age.

Soldato
OP
Its a 4k black and white.... damn unique imo for modern films. Its worth looking at just for that reason.

And the film is brilliant.. my first watch. I will get around to the b&w version.

Whike I'm on that subject..... watch stephen kings "the mist" in b&w .

Caporegime
Was fiddling around with the Xbox One S last night for the Atmos support.

Netflix app now supports it, so Okja played in Atmos. I was testing the videos on the Dolby Atmos app that you have to download and it dropped out watching the Redbull example video. Slightly buggy maybe.

I'll try a 4k UHD disc this weekend.

Soldato
Its a 4k black and white.... damn unique imo for modern films. Its worth looking at just for that reason.

And the film is brilliant.. my first watch. I will get around to the b&w version.

Whike I'm on that subject..... watch stephen kings "the mist" in b&w .

Try watching Planet Earth 2 4k in black and white and see if you think the same way.
In fact thats another thing why produce a black and white version when you could just turn the colour down and get the same thing ?? ;)

Soldato
Try watching Planet Earth 2 4k in black and white and see if you think the same way.
In fact thats another thing why produce a black and white version when you could just turn the colour down and get the same thing ?? ;)

I agree. I have no problem watching a B&W movie if it was filmed that way. But B&W versions of colour films are stupid. Same thing with The Mist

Back
Top Bottom