*** 4K Player Thread ***

Soldato
Having worked my way through this thread. Can I ask is it as straightforward that if a 4k disc was remastered from a 2k original then there''s no great increase in quality from buying the Bluray?

Its not just about 4K resolution the HDR implementation is what makes it worthy of an upgrade for me.

Soldato
Well it seems that Panasonic have a new flagship 4k player on the way.The UB9000 :-

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....blu-ray-player-thx-dolby-vision-alexa.amphtml

Looking forward to see how good it is.

I think quite a few 4k players coming out now including the Sony UBX700 and I think the Samsung UBD-M7500 which you can buy now probably due to HDR10/HDR10+ been ratified as a standard.

Also will be inline to be released with the new Panasonic OLED out later this year.

Soldato
I think quite a few 4k players coming out now including the Sony UBX700 and I think the Samsung UBD-M7500 which you can buy now probably due to HDR10/HDR10+ been ratified as a standard.

cannot see any information on whether it will have hdmi 2.1
... that gives 4K 120HZ (how does the half time walk movie at 120hz work without it )

Soldato
I watched the UHD Vudu presentation of Coco on my Sony A1 through my Nvidia Sheild. It is not cheap at $25 but it also has HDR10 support and a Dolby Atmos soundtrack. It looked spectacular.

I am stumped another $25 for the UHD version of Thor Ragnorok, this also has HDR, Atmos and I am very much looking forward to it.

Soldato
sorry - I was curious - given that 1000 planets should have been a feast for the eyes but it had a 2K Digital intermediate, surprisingly Thor is too. (liked both a lot)
Full 4K must still be expensives - weird ? - maybe imdb is wrong

Soldato
Juding by this ds thread it looks like the world cup will not arrive in 4KUHD, they can't put it on a Sky transponder, and streaming infrastrucure for live streaming immature ...
so - same as the winter olympics.
I thought some of the lucky Americans would have put winter excerpts on utube but found nothing.
.. could have been a boost for tv sales.

Soldato
Quick question for anyone with a Sony X800 player, have you managed to get the volume control on the remote working with either your TV or AV unit?
I have an LG OLDE55B7 along with a Denon 2400H & Sky Q & whist all my other remotes, will control volume, the Sony one will not.

It's not a major issue, but it's just a little annoying.

Associate
Juding by this ds thread it looks like the world cup will not arrive in 4KUHD, they can't put it on a Sky transponder, and streaming infrastrucure for live streaming immature ...
so - same as the winter olympics.
I thought some of the lucky Americans would have put winter excerpts on utube but found nothing.
.. could have been a boost for tv sales.

A later post on the same thread suggests that the BBC maybe broadcasting in 4K. Any one heard any news about this?

Man of Honour
Yeah saw that Gladiator was coming out a while back, was well chuffed with that. One of the best films ever made!

Saving Private Ryan in May as well, but I'm not looking forward to that as much given how they butchered the Blu-Ray version with a horrible grain effect

Back
Top Bottom