5.0.1 untether JB is here

Soldato
@Andybtsn - I was getting a good few errors with Cydia too, but after a few resprings and restarts of Cydia, they have gone. All working fine now.

ok cool --- but what about SHSH blobs do i need to worry about them ?

I didn't bother tbh. I wasn't planning to downgrade OS from 5.0.1.

I need to remove my hosts entry to allow update from apple ?

Don't think so. Again, I didn't need to.

If i aptbackup do i just run aptbackup again where does it keep the list of stuff?

Yep, just download it via Cydia and run it again after you have Jailbroken, then open Aptbackup and select "Restore". It doesn't actually backup any apps, just a list of the Cydia installed apps you had on the phone at the time of your last backup to iTunes which you should do before JB'ing to 5.0.1. :cool:

It didn't work perfectly for me I have to admit, I had Lockinfo installed and although in my Settings it was still showing up, it didn't appear on the Lock Screen. I downloaded it again from Cydia and resprung and it was back albeit in its original format, not the one I had previously that was tweaked beyond an inch of its life. :)

any risk of putting stuff back on by mistake that won't work with ios5?

Not sure m8, I wouldn't think so.

and what's the 1/4 screen issue?

282e476970.jpg

Info here :-

http://jaxov.com/wiki/how-to-fix-iphone-4-jailbreak-app-1-4th-screen-issue-after-ios-5-gm-jailbreak/

Last edited:
Soldato
Getting all kind of Cydia errors, wondering if the servers are getting hammered?

Yes more than likely they are getting hammered, had these earlier on today, a few restarts of cydia and it was sorted.

iOS 5 looks so much better than 4, icons seem sharper. Glad i upgraded :)

Soldato
Draeger, it did work in the end.

Can anyone beat this problem...I added a repo into Cydia, a one I always use, it then removed every app other than Newstand, scared to add it now.

I added a repo earlier and lost all icons after installing an app from it - rebooted and it all came back fine ;)

Don
I added a repo earlier and lost all icons after installing an app from it - rebooted and it all came back fine ;)

I bet I can guess what repo ;)

Pretty sure I rebooted and it didn't come back...

Can you download all Cydia apps ok? I had gridlock, shrink, loads I bought but I can't redownload them as Cydia packages is out of date and I get the error I posted above everytime I try update them :(

Soldato
I bet I can guess what repo ;)

Pretty sure I rebooted and it didn't come back...

Can you download all Cydia apps ok? I had gridlock, shrink, loads I bought but I can't redownload them as Cydia packages is out of date and I get the error I posted above everytime I try update them :(

i had this, but quit right out of cydia and load it back up to force a refresh and it should work eventually. I also loaded some stuff from alternate repositories. I guess it's just the load on the servers from everyone in the world hitting them.

Soldato
Nothing in Cydia works :(
I think the traffic must be too heavy. Probably gonna have to wait another day or two just to get stuff from Cydia :(

That Newstand bug is common - just restart your ipod/phone and it comes back.

Soldato
OP
did you know saurik released an update to corona ?
might be worth you guys getting it ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
did you know saurik released an update to corona ?
might be worth you guys getting it ;)

The update is v 1.0-3. It's recommended that if you are having Cydia issues to update to it if you haven't already done so. Also, if you Jbraked with redsn0w its also recommended you apply the 1.0-3 update ( I've just done so but Cydia is still a tad flaky - I'm assuming the server load is still at a high level ).

Anyone else playing about with Spire?

Grabbing it now to see what all the fuss is about. :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, just installed Spire from Cydia and rebooted ( ended up with the 1/4 screen issue once again but the previously posted method to fix that works ). Then started reading about Spire and what is required as far as setting it up goes. Didn't realise it is next to pointless ( despite the developer maintaining that it isn't - it certainly looks like it is at this particular point in time ) unless you have access and details of a proxy to allow access to Apples servers. Considering Spire sends everything you do with it to Apple via whatever dodgy proxy settings you input into your phone, I am thinking this could possibly be a bit risky.

Associate
Worked a treat on the missus 3GS (up from 4.x.x).. Certain Repos on Cydia are getting hit quite hard today (particularly Big Boss where SB Settings sits), so be patient once you are JB'd..

Soldato
OP
Ok, just installed Spire from Cydia and rebooted ( ended up with the 1/4 screen issue once again but the previously posted method to fix that works ). Then started reading about Spire and what is required as far as setting it up goes. Didn't realise it is next to pointless ( despite the developer maintaining that it isn't - it certainly looks like it is at this particular point in time ) unless you have access and details of a proxy to allow access to Apples servers. Considering Spire sends everything you do with it to Apple via whatever dodgy proxy settings you input into your phone, I am thinking this could possibly be a bit risky.

its good:D

Back
Top Bottom