• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800X Boost set to 5050Mhz all cores with AMD Curve Optimizer

Associate
On another note regarding this actual threads main topic. I had -15 on all cores and have been running for 3 days solid now, i've gamed, in VR too, I've compressed videos, unzipped 50gb files pretty much anything you can do on a PC. Then out of nowhere clicking play on a LTT video I get a WHEA hard reboot "noooooooooo", it had been running 3 days solid, when I say 3 days I mean it, not even turned off or put to sleep, only the monitor goes off. SAD FACE.

Back to bios we go. I have seen some people using different minus values in the curve optimiser for the more powerful cores that RM put a star and dot next to, but is it a bigger or lower value. For example -15 on all cores, then is it -10 on the good cores, or -20 on the good cores?

Last edited:
Soldato
Back to bios we go. I have seen some people using different minus values in the curve optimiser for the more powerful cores that RM put a star and dot next to, but is it a bigger or lower value. For example -15 on all cores, then is it -10 on the good cores, or -20 on the good cores?

I have my PBO set to Motherboard, everything else Auto, (Scaler and Boost etc).
For the curve i have my two best cores on the first CCD set to -25, all other cores at -22... this gives me the best mix of single and multi core in bench tests.
I tried many variations before settling on those figures but still testing, has not given any issues after prolonged gaming ad bench runs so far.
As an example, CPU-z bench gave around 667 single and 13070 on multi.

Associate
-25 ouch that's a lot, thing is the WHEA reboots will not happen under forced heavy loads like gaming and synthetic benchmarks, it's very random and will be for something very simple like playing a youtube video or just loading a word document. Like I said I've done hours and hours of gaming for those 3 days with not 1 problem. Until I go to play a youtube video, which i've also done a lot over the 3 days, which is why it's so random.

Soldato
Yeah ive tried lower - figures and using the 200mz boost and scaler. x10 etc.. kept a chart for each setting and ran same tests after making each change, only thing that got me better performance was the -25 though under full load im hitting 90c so got a new cooler on order.
I have been watching plenty of youtube, been gaming on The Division 2 and Strange Brigade and benching both CPU-z, R15, R20 and R23 and 3D Mark and not had even a single WHEA error show up in the event logs and not had any reboots and ive had those settings for a few days now too... i have even used Audacity to create and edit .mp3 files and amended configs and well just general use stuff, under gaming load im getting upto 75c but just watching YT it idles around 40-45c.
Maybe ive been luck not to run a program to trip it yet... still not sure why my settings have to be so far from what everyone else seems to use.

Associate
I've recommended it above
Kraken 1.1 benchmark in Firefox, runs literal seconds end exposes random instability in 5-6 runs for me (triggers reboot).
Somewhy running it in Chrome is not as sensitive.

Most other benchmarks either target one core (and then Windows keeps it only on best cores and others don't get tested), or all cores and use max load (and then cpu never goes into max boost on any of them).
Kraken is light intermittent load that make cores boost to max and thus find those rare "youtube" crashes.

Soldato
I have my PBO set to Motherboard, everything else Auto, (Scaler and Boost etc).
For the curve i have my two best cores on the first CCD set to -25, all other cores at -22... this gives me the best mix of single and multi core in bench tests.
I tried many variations before settling on those figures but still testing, has not given any issues after prolonged gaming ad bench runs so far.
As an example, CPU-z bench gave around 667 single and 13070 on multi.

Interesting will give that a try.

So you only tweak one CCD, the other you leave alone right?

Edit:

Tried them settings. I'm giving up with this curve optimiser till better bios come out.

Last edited:
Associate
I've recommended it above
Kraken 1.1 benchmark in Firefox, runs literal seconds end exposes random instability in 5-6 runs for me (triggers reboot).
Somewhy running it in Chrome is not as sensitive.

Most other benchmarks either target one core (and then Windows keeps it only on best cores and others don't get tested), or all cores and use max load (and then cpu never goes into max boost on any of them).
Kraken is light intermittent load that make cores boost to max and thus find those rare "youtube" crashes.

Really don;t want to install Firefox, you say chrome isn't as sensitive, but does it still present instability?

Associate
5600x arrived, run a few benchmarks, turn on pbo and curve optimizer, played for a few hours.
4850mhz boost not an issue.
Been a treat.
Added some fps in 1440p for the arpg games I play.
path of exile, grim dawn and a nice upgrade from my 3600.
500mhz and ipc lift.

Associate
OP
@RBImGuy
I have not notice any IPC uplift with 4K PC gaming but 5800X can run like a champ on ACO+PBO

Mass Effect Andromeda Boost All Cores 5000Mhz
Xuan-Yuan Sword VII Boost All Cores 5050Mhz
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Boost All Cores 5075Mhz

Soldato
@RBImGuy
I have not notice any IPC uplift with 4K PC gaming but 5800X can run like a champ on ACO+PBO

Im digging that FPS frames info panel you got , care to share a link to the program + your confg file :D

Associate
OP
Im digging that FPS frames info panel you got , care to share a link to the program + your confg file :D
Sure no problem,I made a guide for quick start. It is a copy and paste since I get asked all the time.

MSI Afterburner and RTSS Overlay Editor, I done a quick start up guide for the OSD and uploaded it to google drive. Included in the read me a link to the creators tutorials of MSI Afterburner and RTSS Overlay Editor. IF you want to start from scratch his name is Alexey Nicolaychuk just search youtube . https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Flt2EeznPd2HO438678AbjUHnwWf6E6D/view?usp=sharing

Associate
Hey everyone, just thought Id ask here since there seems to be a few of us with 5800x chips...Ive had mine for 2weeks-ish now , got pbo+200auto oc on on a x570 e gaming, latest beta bios and Ive even got a new arctic fliquid freezer 280 but this chip of mine must be a sore looser of the silicon lottery cos it idles around 50-65 and would top out around 98C in cinebench r20 or even cod cold war if I hadnt set a hard temp limit in bios of 85 which results in lower allcore freqs...
So just wondering what are your temp experiences with your 5800x-s?

Associate
OP
Hey everyone, just thought Id ask here since there seems to be a few of us with 5800x chips...Ive had mine for 2weeks-ish now , got pbo+200auto oc on on a x570 e gaming, latest beta bios and Ive even got a new arctic fliquid freezer 280 but this chip of mine must be a sore looser of the silicon lottery cos it idles around 50-65 and would top out around 98C in cinebench r20 or even cod cold war if I hadnt set a hard temp limit in bios of 85 which results in lower allcore freqs...
So just wondering what are your temp experiences with your 5800x-s?
Did you even read the first post,did you even read any post. The answers are in this thread ,if you have unreal temperatures. Set override voltage. F en look 3 post up I am running 5800x in PC games up to 5200Mhz.

Soldato
Sure no problem,I made a guide for quick start. It is a copy and paste since I get asked all the time.

MSI Afterburner and RTSS Overlay Editor, I done a quick start up guide for the OSD and uploaded it to google drive. Included in the read me a link to the creators tutorials of MSI Afterburner and RTSS Overlay Editor. IF you want to start from scratch his name is Alexey Nicolaychuk just search youtube . https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Flt2EeznPd2HO438678AbjUHnwWf6E6D/view?usp=sharing

Thanks pal, having a few niggling issues though hope you can help..

everything is showing up but i cant get these options to work

min/avg/max not showing anything ?
also core clocks are not showing just black/blank..
game time played is also blank not showing anything.

apart from that everything else works, i tried selecting and adding but still nothing showing up under those options im probably doing it wrong, have any idea`s lol

Associate
Did you even read the first post,did you even read any post. The answers are in this thread ,if you have unreal temperatures. Set override voltage. F en look 3 post up I am running 5800x in PC games up to 5200Mhz.
Well Ive literally now been reading back posts for 15mins and cant dfind what youre referring to! I did try a fixed vcore of 1.28 about a week ago but was unstable...I tried 1.32 which still wasnt stable but the temps were almost already where they ate without a fixed vcore, soo...
I would appreciate if u could just tell me the info again or point me towards the exsct posts discussing this. Thx

Associate
@RBImGuy

Suspect min fps be affected even at 4k.
I just find 1440p be my resolution as 32inch screens allows immersion.

Caporegime
5.2Ghz is very impressive. Does it actually result in more performance in games or benchmarks from what you can tell?

Back
Top Bottom