• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5870 Needs 2 monitors DVI and 1 Display Port

Associate
yes that right u cant use 3 monitors with dvi even with dongles i have tried.
tried using hdmi dongle display port dongles no go. ppl have messaged ati.
from ATI....

Dear Customer,
Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200241085]} has been reviewed and updated.
Response and Service Request History:
Yes, you are correct, there is no way some one with three monitors with dvi only ports on them can use eyefinity for a tri monitor set up. The display port to display port is required.
In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.
Best regards,
AMD Global Customer Care
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.
The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice

so dont buy a ati 5870 thinking u can use your 3 dvi monitors. u need 1 display port monitor to work. :( what a load of ????

Associate
OP
I've escalated my question re this to second level support maybe I was just dealing with an idiot at ati support

i hope so even if i have to buy a diffrent dongle has to be better than selling a monitor i have had 5 months for the same monitor with displayport.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Sigh, it was all mentioned in the eyefinity docs that came out over three weeks ago............

Associate
OP
I see. did they give any kind of soloution to having three dvi monitors or could you provide me with a link to the info?

here u go.

this may help,

Dear Customer,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200241085]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

No, there must not be any adapters. Display port to display port only.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
The ATI guy Dave on B3D forum confirmed this. There are only 2 display engines that drive legacy ports (non DP ports), so 1 must be a display port. Apparently AMD are in talks with monitor manufactures about getting a adapter supported.

Back
Top Bottom