650D my first WC build

Associate
Hi,

Just wanted to make a quick thread for my build.

The original build was done from a Ocuk bundle I got back at the end of 2011, since then I have been changing things as I go

3770K @ 4.8 using 1.215v
Asus Sabertooth Z77
8Gb Samsung Green overclocked to 2133Mhz
Crucial M4 128GB
Crucial M4 128GB
WD 1TB Black
LG BD-RW
Corsair 650D (dremel front)
200mm Bitfenix Pro Spectre
Corsair AX850
Evga 680 2GB
Evga 680 backplate
Lamptron FC5 V2 fan controller
2x Akasa Vegas LED strips
1x Corsair SP120 performance with Demci filter (rear intake)
Dell U2711 2560x1440

Watercooling:

Alphacool XT45 240mm radiator
Phobya 200mm V2 radiaror
XSPC Raystorm cpu block
EK-FC680 GTX Block
150ml Bitspower reservoir
8x Bitspower shiny silver compression fittings 7/16 5/8
2x Bitspower 90 degree rotary fittings
1x Bitspower T connector (used for drain port)
XSPC 90 and 45 angeled fittings
2x EK nickel 7/16 5/8 compression fittings
Stop caps are mix between BP, XSPC and EK
XSPC fillport
3x XSPC male to male connectors
XSPC D5 pump
EK CSQ pump top
Primochill Advanced clear tubing 7/16 - 5/8
Mayhems UV Blood Red
2x Synthe Gentle Typhoon 1850 fans

Current (June 2013):

2qcoyf8.jpg

2808jyw.jpg

Pic's of how I had the system before:

xcu7au.jpg

4r9cap.jpg

f42r8k.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the comments.

What is the light strip you are using?

Forgot to add it to build list, they're the cheaper Akasa Vegas light strips, actually perform really well.

Like that very much. Nice clean build & the photo's have great composition & colour. Take it you used a DSLR?

Thanks, yeah using a Nikon D90.

Last edited:
Associate
Forgot to add it to build list, they're the cheaper Akasa Vegas light strips, actually perform really well.

Ok great, they look REALLY nice compared to the NZXT ones I've got, might have to pick some of them up!

Also your pictures are great, what kind of settings did you use? I can't get it right with my D40, they never look as good as that!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks

I used to do photography semi professionally, but lost interest years ago and sold of most my gear so just used my trusty old D90 on manual settings with highish ISO as I turned the bedroom lights off, to show the case lighting. I didn't bother with tripod, umbrella etc I just wanted some quick shots.

Yeah for the price of the akasa led's I would recommend giving them a go.

Last edited:
Associate
That is very nice man i need to get some extender for cable management as my psu ist modular but it gives me ideas for cleanly installing my own build.

I wont be putting any pics up tho as you guys are all neat and tidy and mines isnt terrible but no where near your guys standards lol

Associate
OP
Thanks,

With the temps, I have not done a Prime 95 test or anything but after a couple of hours of BF3, Skyrim etc my card never goes above 43c and my 2500k @ 4.4 never goes over 56. Idle temps are around 34 for cpu and 23 for gpu. When browsing online and doing nothing heavy I have the fans turned down so you pretty much can't hear them and then when gaming turn them up to around 3/4 power but still very quite. I am actually thinking about giving the 200mm front radiator a miss as I will probably change cases in 6 months time anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
One of the reasons I didn't mind spending a bit on watercooling was the fact it will work with newer components as they come out, there will be backplate adapters for the cpu block and will just have the GPU block to replace, most the money goes into fittings, rad etc which I will keep.

If you don't plan on upgrading the GPU for a while I would say do it, or maybe just do CPU only for the time being if you plan on changing the GPU soon.

Last edited:
Associate
I've currently got an Antec 920 which gives good temps.

I want the custom rigs for looks mainly and further possible overclocking.

I will not be upgrading for a good while yet either.

Can I ask an estimate cost for the cooling alone?

Associate
OP
I got the same lights as you, with Blue instead of White, installed on the side panel above the window. Lovely glow.

Pic of my system :D

Very nice, they're good for the money. I would have gone with blue. But I thought if I changed my motherboard and fluid to a different colour I could re-use the lights.

Back
Top Bottom