• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Associate
Max on the power slider, 2900mhz on the core, 2150 on the memory. I've not tried anything higher yet, but have 50mhz to play with. It will hold high 2700 to low 2800 on games and benchmarks.

Hmm pretty much identical performance to me... mine maintains slightly higher clocks but nothing that accounts for 200pts.

Maybe because your CPU is quite a lot better you’re getting a slight boost overall.

Soldato
Does it have to be below or can it be bang on? I tried setting to 165 limit earlier and did not seem to make a difference. The "whine" is actually quite bad and seems to be a deeper pitch than I originally noticed.

Slightly below is best as it stops the GPU "drifting" out of VRR range and giving tearing or stutters. Try setting FPS limit to 60 as a test for coild whine, if it does not go away entirely then it might be a case for RMA. You should also test in another PC is possible to rule out PSU interference. That way it does not go away for testing for a few days or weeks and get sent back as "no fault found".

Associate
Jesus did you see the price of the ASRock one today?

I think its stayed so long in stock for this very reason but shocking prices happening.

The OcUK members method (and price regarding the fighter) is definitely the way to go.

No was that here, what was the price?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Retailers pushing prices as far as they'll go now, seeing what the actual breaking point is! Not there yet...:D

That's diabolical though. OcUK I thought were steep when the MM deal on the fighter was £450 but reasonable enough as you could beat the scalpers and no real margin to be had for the shop. This card in question might be slightly better binned and higher ranked within the AIB's models (?) but I dont think it is anywhere near that good over the PowerColor fighter to command an additional £306.

The 3080FE is cheaper than it by a long shot so not sure what brass necks these AIB/etailers have to do this if they want to maintain any return custom.

Associate
£749, did not want to get in trouble with the mods but unreal for this card that price!
That's diabolical though. OcUK I thought were steep when the MM deal on the fighter was £450 but reasonable enough as you could beat the scalpers and no real margin to be had for the shop. This card in question might be slightly better binned and higher ranked within the AIB's models (?) but I dont think it is anywhere near that good over the PowerColor fighter to command an additional £306.

The 3080FE is cheaper than it by a long shot so not sure what brass necks these AIB/etailers have to do this if they want to maintain any return custom.

Errr... #1 can you get a 3080fe...
#2 we got access to the fighter at a good discount, don't quote me but maybe 10pounds above their cost. That's not normal price.
#3 normal price for these 6700xt are increasing each week since release Ive noticed.

The problem is these expensive cards still get sold why the retailers sell them at that price.

Soldato
Why bother, unless you are chasing some meaningless benchmark number? At such high frequencies getting an extra 100MHz on the core is utterly meaningless in actual games. There are plenty of tests that show the performance difference between any 6700XT from reference to the more higher end AIBs is utterly negligible.

Soldato
Why bother, unless you are chasing some meaningless benchmark number? At such high frequencies getting an extra 100MHz on the core is utterly meaningless in actual games. There are plenty of tests that show the performance difference between any 6700XT from reference to the more higher end AIBs is utterly negligible.

It has taken me a long while to realise that overclocking in general, for my usage, is largely a waste of time. My 9900k at stock is more than capable at meeting my needs, quietly and producing less heat. I'm more concerned about noise these days than having an overclocked system...

Soldato
It has taken me a long while to realise that overclocking in general, for my usage, is largely a waste of time. My 9900k at stock is more than capable at meeting my needs, quietly and producing less heat. I'm more concerned about noise these days than having an overclocked system...

Agreed, if you are pushing a system to its limits chasing 1 or 2 FPS then you are missing the point. I know each to their own but this is why I prefer the new AMD 5000 CPUs, they are pretty much maxed out as soon as you plug them in.

Associate
The majority of CPU's and graphic cards from the last few years are already tweaked to get the best out of them across a wide selection games and software app`s in general. overclocking will not get you that big boost you use to get many years back and if you consider the financial cost of getting over the problems of power draw and heat issues for the extra few FPS for most users who just want to play a few games it is probably not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom