• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Associate
I've never WC a card before, I'll leave that to the experts! Sadly looks like prices have gone up AGAIN Nitro+ is now listed @ £830 OOS, the RD is £830 too...

To think a year ago I hated paying £480 for ther 3060ti, now virtually anything comparable is £750+.
Yeah I've seen the prices creep up, my 580 is on water with the nzxt conversion kit, will be my first time with actual blocks. I like getting to the top of timespy and port Royal (for my spec) now I have a card that runs port Royal.

Associate
Can anyone tell me if 20c difference between gpu and hotspot temps is normal for 6700xt?
Coming from the 5700xtNitro+SE and there was only ever 10c dif there. It's a Red Devil I picked up this time.

Caporegime
Can anyone tell me if 20c difference between gpu and hotspot temps is normal for 6700xt?
Coming from the 5700xtNitro+SE and there was only ever 10c dif there. It's a Red Devil I picked up this time.
Yes, normal and fine. Max Hotspot 110c, anything below that is good.

Whilst lower is better, 20c is a decent average for the difference between edge and hotspot temps so don't worry.

Associate
Yes, normal and fine. Max Hotspot 110c, anything below that is good.

Whilst lower is better, 20c is a decent average for the difference between edge and hotspot temps so don't worry.
Ah, great thanks.

I'm really impressed with this Red Devil, it's so quiet! and hotspot hasn't been above 84c in the games i've tested so far.

Associate
Agreed, I had a Red Devil 6700 XT and it was great. 84c you s a good temp for hotspot so you are grand.

What sort of settings were you running? I've tried a bit of benchmarking, and i'm not having much luck raising the clocks. I'm running 2574/2674, 1110mv,m fast timings 2150 on memory. It does fine for my gaming needs, but i'd like to raise my timespy score just a tiny bit. Just cause you know! lol

Caporegime
What sort of settings were you running? I've tried a bit of benchmarking, and i'm not having much luck raising the clocks. I'm running 2574/2674, 1110mv,m fast timings 2150 on memory. It does fine for my gaming needs, but i'd like to raise my timespy score just a tiny bit. Just cause you know! lol
Depends on the quality of your sample, but can give you a rough starting point.

You’ll want a +15% power limit always. Memory start at 2100Mhz, use Timespy graphics score to verify performance increases when overclocking memory. Back off when your graphics score drops. You’ll most likely find you get the best score with either 2112Mhz memory clock or 2124Mhz. Higher is possible, but not common.

Core, start at 2600Mhz min frequency and 2700Mhz max frequency. Increase both by 25Mhz until issues occur.

100#% fan speed for benching. Lower temps will equal higher clocks will equal higher score.

That should get you started.

Associate
Depends on the quality of your sample, but can give you a rough starting point.

You’ll want a +15% power limit always. Memory start at 2100Mhz, use Timespy graphics score to verify performance increases when overclocking memory. Back off when your graphics score drops. You’ll most likely find you get the best score with either 2112Mhz memory clock or 2124Mhz. Higher is possible, but not common.

Core, start at 2600Mhz min frequency and 2700Mhz max frequency. Increase both by 25Mhz until issues occur.

100#% fan speed for benching. Lower temps will equal higher clocks will equal higher score.

That should get you started.
Many thanks!

Caporegime
It is! The 5700xt struggled a bit, and the fans had to run louder. This is bliss. Got £710 for the 5700xt, so that helped with the pain of the current prices. Especially since I didn't get my Haribo! lol

image.png

Associate
BZ9SLvP.png

My Vega 64 finally gave up the ghost so have replaced it with the Sapphire Nitro+, happy with it so far.
It's cooler, quieter and faster than the old Vega and at 100W less power at load! :D

Had some odd issues with my second monitor randomly loading up with incorrect res, refresh, colour depth or any combination of the three but seem to have got that sorted now, also mem clock doesn't drop at idle. Is this an issue with multi monitors?

Originally whacked all the sliders to max but the driver crashed trying to load Superposition but need to test again, as you can see in the above screen I'm slowly creeping my way back up to max GPU speed in the latest benchmarks that I have run.

Voltage slider is set to 1150 but voltage seems to just lock to 1200 as soon as I set the min GPU speed to 100MHz less than the max. My gaming settings at the moment are basically the above but min GPU speed at the default 500MHz and a more suitable fan profile with zero rpm enabled.

Interested on feedback, do the scores look ok, anything about the Sapphire, 6700s or 6000 series in general worth knowing? Tips, tricks etc.

Happy to try and answer any Qs about the Sapphire.

Thanks.

edit: 3DMark result links...

Firestrike - http://www.3dmark.com/fs/27641078
Timespy - http://www.3dmark.com/spy/27797738

Associate
Had some odd issues with my second monitor randomly loading up with incorrect res, refresh, colour depth or any combination of the three but seem to have got that sorted now, also mem clock doesn't drop at idle. Is this an issue with multi monitors?

Might be the display profiles Windows has saved for each screen setup. Can't find it in this thread, might be the AMD drivers thread. But what sorted out my idle power was using Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) to delete the unused profiles and restart the display driver.

Now it can drop down to single digit W at idle.

Associate
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I tried CRU as you suggested, tbh not sure if I did it correctly but deleted all the entries (they where all active apart from one) and then rebooted, still the same.
Also deleted all monitors from device manager, including one hidden one, I'm normally pretty on top of removing them from there as the hidden ones seem to double up when switching cards/drivers etc.

My card sits at around 30W at idle with the mem clock at max.

I have three displays, one 1440p/144Hz, one 1080p/120Hz both DP and then HDMI out to an amp that shows up as 1080p/60Hz, or 2160p/60Hz when turning on the TV connected to it.

I can kind of get why maybe more screens are harder to drive but not by this much.

Did notice some new drivers have just released (22.4.2) so might try DDU again when installing those, see if it changes.

thanks.

Associate
Uninstalled drivers, DDU, CRU, deleted shown and hidden monitors, updated monitor drivers, new 22.4.2 AMD drivers and still high mem clocks.
If I drop my second monitor from 120Hz to 60Hz then the mem clock drops from max to a low of <30Hz (think 14Hz was the lowest I saw) and power drops from ~30W to a low of 6W.

TBH I only really use the 2nd monitor for watching streaming services and things like monitoring s/w, discord etc so can probably live with 60Hz.
Especially with the warmer months coming, so can keep zero RPM enabled on the fans with out them randomly spinning up on desktop and UK energy prices gone up so scrapping those pennies!

Associate
Me again! :D

Second monitor is being so weird!

It 'should' be 1080p, 120Hz, RGB, 8-bit colour, though as above I'm happy to leave it at 60Hz rather than 120Hz.

But it randomly boots up at weird configs...
1080p, 100Hz, RGB, 8-Bit.
1080p, 120Hz, YCbCr422 or RGB, 6-bit.
1280x1024, 75Hz, YCbCr422 or RGB, 6-bit or 8-bit, with that being the highest res selectable and no other refresh rates.

At the moment it is running at 1080p, 60Hz, RGB, 8-bit which I am ok with but who knows on next reboot.

Gonna have a play with CRU, deleting all the options I don't want and see if that sticks.
Other than that I guess go through the registry looking for entries to remove. :/

Still not tried the 4K TV or VR headset with it yet, hoping I don't have similar issues with those!

Back
Top Bottom