• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800XT

Soldato
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

Next month we will see the Ampere cards in many people's hands and RDNA2 nowhere to be seen.

Finally end this this demand is too high nonsense. An excuse hiding the fact supply is close to non-existent for AMD.

I know.... I mean those 0.48% with a 3080 are tearing up the charts. Totally. Definitely not the usual extreme angle pushing rubbish :)

"Muon says 5700XT's popularity obviously says a lot about it's relative importance vs the new 3080's" :rolleyes:

Soldato
I know.... I mean those 0.48% with a 3080 are tearing up the charts. Totally. Definitely not the usual extreme angle pushing rubbish :)

"Muon says 5700XT's popularity obviously says a lot about it's relative importance vs the new 3080's" :rolleyes:

In three month's it already has 2/3rds of the install base of the 5700xt and 2080 Ti. You're deluded if you don't think that is a lot of cards that have clearly been sold.

The 6800XT won't be anywhere near that 3 months after release.

Also yes I am pointing to a clear conclusion. Not hiding away from it.

The 3070 will show up next month as well. Possibly 3090.

Associate
And the number of DirectX 8 GPUs and below has increased with +1.65% while the others have decreased. How do you explain that? Does Nvidia still makes RivaTNT? :)

Soldato
And the number of DirectX 8 GPUs and below has increased with +1.65% while the others have decreased. How do you explain that? Does Nvidia still makes RivaTNT? :)

Some newer cards aren't being detected as DX12 yet. Use your brain.

DX8 and below is the other category. You'll see the RTX 3080 doesn't show on the list as a DX12 card.

You think it's all a conspiracy to make AMD look bad?

Anyone monitoring stock will already know that RDNA2 cards are only available every few weeks in very small numbers.

You only have to look at our very own owner's thread.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/the-radeon-rx-6800-xt-owners-thread.18906578/

Apart from the initial launch stock, hardly anything.

Last edited:
Associate
Some newer cards aren't being detected as DX12 yet. Use your brain.

DX8 and below is the other category. You'll see the RTX 3080 doesn't show on the list as a DX12 card.

You think it's all a conspiracy to make AMD look bad?

Anyone monitoring stock will already know that RDNA2 cards are only available every few weeks in very small numbers.

You only have to look at our very own owner's thread.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/the-radeon-rx-6800-xt-owners-thread.18906578/

Apart from the initial launch stock, hardly anything.
Who said anything about AMD or conspiracies? I am sure they have sold a lot less cards than Nvidia. But i am not sure if you can calculate any numbers based on the Steam survey since i see right there that there are 1.65% more DX8 and less cards. Now you say that these are in fact DX 12 cards and probably Nvidia since AMD hasn't sold anything. Or 1.6% Nvidia and 0.05% AMD. That could be the case but it could also be wishful thinking. To be honest i don't even understand why you fell so proud if one manufacturer has sold more cards than the other. It is nothing new.

Tbh i think the hardware survey is broken because the people with newer/better hardware are more willing to participate in such surveys. For the same reason many people think this whole forum needs to know when someone bought himself the latest and most expensive GPU or CPU :D

Associate
OK, so I built my first PC in prep for the 3000 series which turned out to be the worst time ever to build a new PC. I have had every chance to pick up a 3080FE like everyone else but had always been beaten to it due to timing/website traffic and PayPal god damn verification (so close on 4 occasions). It’s been months now and I was getting fed up with waiting so I managed to pickup an RX 6800 reference from the US for £500 including import tax believe it or not (possibly an error). I had my heart set on the 3080FE for both price and aesthetics for my new build but beggars can’t be choosers in these times it seems. The RX 6800 is being delivered next week but I’m not sure whether to sell it on and continue the wait for a 3080FE or just be happy? I wanted to game at 4K as I have a 4k60Hz monitor but I am planning to buy a new gaming monitor as soon as the card arrives (4K 144hz) or the odyssey g9 (I know this is not a 4K monitor) again this is dependant on stock as monitors seem to be running low too. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Also on a side note does the 3700x make use of SAM yet and has there been any update on AMD’s DLSS equivalent?

Last edited:
Permabanned
OK, so I built my first PC in prep for the 3000 series which turned out to be the worst time ever to build a new PC. I have had every chance to pick up a 3080FE like everyone else but had always been beaten to it due to timing/website traffic and PayPal god damn verification (so close on 4 occasions). It’s been months now and I was getting fed up with waiting so I managed to pickup an RX 6800 reference from the US for £500 including import tax believe it or not (possibly an error). I had my heart set on the 3080FE for both price and aesthetics for my new build but beggars can’t be choosers in these times it seems. The RX 6800 is being delivered next week but I’m not sure whether to sell it on and continue the wait for a 3080FE or just be happy? I wanted to game at 4K as I have a 4k60Hz monitor but I am planning to buy a new gaming monitor as soon as the card arrives (4K 144hz) or the odyssey g9 (I know this is not a 4K monitor) again this is dependant on stock as monitors seem to be running low too. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Also on a side note does the 3700x make use of SAM yet and has there been any update on AMD’s DLSS equivalent?

Resizeable BAR (SAM) support arrives in February for Nvidia's 3000 series.

No, AMD has no DLSS equivalent. There may not be a DLSS option until RDNA3, which AMD have said will focus more on AI. You should also be aware that AMD's RT support is ~50% slower than Nvidia's, while Cyberpunk 2077 won't get any form of RT support for RDNA until the end of the year. Maybe CDPR know more about RDNA3's release date. The Medium, another game offering RT support, will only have the RT quality settings available for Nvidia GPU's as RDNA2 just doesn't have the performance.

In general AMD doesn't perform so well at 4K due to cheap/poor performing memory when compared to Ampere.

Associate

No, AMD has no DLSS equivalent. There may not be a DLSS option until RDNA3, which AMD have said will focus more on AI. You should also be aware that AMD's RT support is ~50% slower than Nvidia's, while Cyberpunk 2077 won't get any form of RT support for RDNA until the end of the year. Maybe CDPR know more about RDNA3's release date.

In general AMD doesn't perform so well at 4K due to cheap/poor performing memory when compared to Ampere.
Very informative thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

I think that solidifies my decision to keep the card until I can get a 3080 or maybe even wait until the super or ti is released.

Soldato

Unless there is a Nvidia feature that you specifically want, there is no point swapping out a 6800 for a 3080FE. It will be more of a sidegrade

Edit: Also @Wrinkly Is wrong. AMD's 4k performance has nothing to do with the memory configuration.

Associate
Unless there is a Nvidia feature that you specifically want, there is no point swapping out a 6800 for a 3080FE. It will be more of a sidegrade

Edit: Also @Wrinkly Is wrong. AMD's 4k performance has nothing to do with the memory configuration.
A side grade? It’s a 6800 not a 6800 XT. A 3080 beats the 6800 in all aspects so I’m not sure about that.
The specific features that are better.....RT.
And the enhanced FPS bump in 1440p/4K gaming.

if I had the 6800 XT then aside from RT I’d take your point.

edit....forgot...also the use of DLSS.

Soldato
How can scaling at 4K be good when it goes from beating the 3080 at 1080/1440 to losing at 4K (Overall)?
I think it has more to do with the 3080 having poor scaling when dropping under 4K. If the 3080 scaled as well as navi then it would win at all resolutions.

Soldato

No, AMD has no DLSS equivalent. There may not be a DLSS option until RDNA3, which AMD have said will focus more on AI. You should also be aware that AMD's RT support is ~50% slower than Nvidia's, while Cyberpunk 2077 won't get any form of RT support for RDNA until the end of the year. Maybe CDPR know more about RDNA3's release date. The Medium, another game offering RT support, will only have the RT quality settings available for Nvidia GPU's as RDNA2 just doesn't have the performance.

LOL the resident Nvidia worshipper spreading misinformation as always. There is absolutely no information which indicates that AMD's DLSS competitor will be delayed until RDNA3. It could be released at anytime this year and is not linked to RDNA3 at all. Cyberpunk RT support will come with the PS5/XSX versions which are scheduled for 2nd half of this year which does not definitely mean end of the year like you imply.

Also RT is around 30% slower on AMD cards, not 50%.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom