• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800XT

Soldato
You could have posted detail proving me wrong, but instead you come back with this childish gum flapping. :D:D:D:D:D

Who is getting emotional? :p

Mentally unstable is the term that comes to my mind when reading your drivel. You are the only troll here who seems to have an idol of Jensen on your desk. Seriously why not use the card you so love instead of constantly doing overtime for Nvidia here? Are the rates that good?

Soldato
We know AMD cards have crap RT. Happy???

* sad rx 6800 owner noises *

source.gif

Associate
The 6800xt is a beast, nvidia has better RT and DLSS but without those then they'd be humiliated.
Once AMD's DLSS equivelant comes out then I see people caring less about the RT gap.

Caporegime
The 6800xt is a beast, nvidia has better RT and DLSS but without those then they'd be humiliated.
Once AMD's DLSS equivelant comes out then I see people caring less about the RT gap.

Of course, that's the main horn tooting point, when the odds are evened the green team will pipe down and suddenly RT won't be the be all end all it is currently to some on here and they'll find something to bang on about. Sad that to some people buying a piece of hardware is like buying into a Religion that must be defended at all costs.

Caporegime
Of course, that's the main horn tooting point, when the odds are evened the green team will pipe down and suddenly RT won't be the be all end all it is currently to some on here and they'll find something to bang on about. Sad that to some people buying a piece of hardware is like buying into a Religion that must be defended at all costs.
Yup, it will be like tessellation fiasco all over again!

I have just finished playing through some games i.e. star wars battlefront 2, fallen order and gta 5 redux, I have not seen a single "RTX" game do reflections etc. much, if any better than them...... Sure, it's not "real time" so to speak but they are bloody impressive given the age of them and the performance.

Caporegime
Yup, it will be like tessellation fiasco all over again!

I have just finished playing through some games i.e. star wars battlefront 2, fallen order and gta 5 redux, I have not seen a single "RTX" game do reflections etc. much, if any better than them...... Sure, it's not "real time" so to speak but they are bloody impressive given the age of them and the performance.

Have you tried bfv with dlss and rtx? The blurriness is something to behold, if you're using a tank scope and see people running at range it's like they have an afterimage trailing slightly behind them. Im guessing thats the sniper ghillie suits causing that issue, though despite being the rtx poster child BFv never got updated to dlss 2.0 which is meant to be much better.

Caporegime
Have you tried bfv with dlss and rtx? The blurriness is something to behold, if you're using a tank scope and see people running at range it's like they have an afterimage trailing slightly behind them. Im guessing thats the sniper ghillie suits causing that issue, though despite being the rtx poster child BFv never got updated to dlss 2.0 which is meant to be much better.
Nah I never bought bf 5, thankfully...... :p When ea play comes to xbox gamepass, I'll give it a shot though!

Been messing about with it in cyberpunk and dlss is good but..... it's still not as good as native res., also, I notice some slight ghosting with dlss in that too.

Ray tracing is good in CP but ultimately that's mainly because the default game engines reflections had either little to no time spent on it or/and was intentionally downgraded to make it look "noticeably" worse than RTX.....

Some "RTX" reflections look terribly blurry when using dlss (quality preset), most noticeable on wet roads, here's a quick screenshot I took although was far more noticeable in other areas but didn't have MSI AB at the time to get screenshots.

1clX7RA.jpg

CQ27udw.jpg

Once the next patch arrives, I'll do some proper comparisons though.

It's funny though as seeing more graphical glitches with the 3080 in this than I did on my vega 56! :D

Permabanned
Mentally unstable is the term that comes to my mind when reading your drivel. You are the only troll here who seems to have an idol of Jensen on your desk. Seriously why not use the card you so love instead of constantly doing overtime for Nvidia here? Are the rates that good?

Again another genious who rather than provide facts to prove me wrong decides to go on personal attacks. :rolleyes:

Who do you think looks mentally unstable? :D

should have all went out and bought a 2080ti like you.Problem solved.

I never bought a 2080Ti. From the launch it was obvious that It's RT performance was poor. I was even accused of hating RT and Nvidia when I spoke of it. DLSS back then was nothing great either e.g. Metro Exodus. I stuck it out with a 1080Ti FTW3.

the fan boys have arrived in force:D

Well if you read back to the first few answers you will understand my comment :p I really don't care if it's red or green, I just go with the better GPU. Since the R290 that's sadly been Nvidia.

Permabanned

It trades blows with the 3080 in legacy workloads, but tech has moved on.

Nvidia went through it's beta with Turing. Now RT and DLSS are very usable with Ampere and this is where RDNA2 fails. With up to 50% less RT performance AMD have already stated that RDNA3 will focus on AI, which may mean that their DLSS may not arrive until then. SAM was going to be AMD's saviour, well at least for a few weeks before we found out that Resizable BAR was coming to both Intel and Nvidia. That leaves Rage Mode, an auto overclock that voids your warranty, or maybe just a good description of the posters defending AMD.

The only group AMD have humiliated is those who purchased RDNA2. I can picture Carman type figures yelling "screw RT, I'm going home" :D

Caporegime
For Pete's sake, many of us just don't give a crap about RT. I know some can't comprehend that stance, but seriously many of us just don't care about RT at the present time. It's not worth the cost of admission currently (mostly in terms of lost FPS then also lost image fidelity, which is a pretty tragic double-whammy).

The "legacy" techniques when used properly still look great. RT doesn't look so much better than it's worth losing half your framerate. But I guess it's the placebo effect again. If people spend £1000 on a new card for RT then they're going to clearly see a superior picture with RT ON :p It's also called purchase justification :p Confirmation bias. Whatever.

Associate
I never bought a 2080Ti. From the launch it was obvious that It's RT performance was poor. I was even accused of hating RT and Nvidia when I spoke of it. DLSS back then was nothing great either e.g. Metro Exodus. I stuck it out with a 1080Ti FTW3.
It was a joke at the expense of your 3770k paired with a 3080 calling it a 2080ti.
Infact a 6800xt probably trades blows with your 3080 :D

Caporegime
The only group AMD have humiliated is those who purchased RDNA2. I can picture Carman type figures yelling "screw RT, I'm going home" :D

You’re a very devisive and upsetting feature in the gpu section of the forums, I can see it won’t be too long before you’re banned from it (people like you usually are).

Caporegime
It trades blows with the 3080 in legacy workloads, but tech has moved on.

Nvidia went through it's beta with Turing. Now RT and DLSS are very usable with Ampere and this is where RDNA2 fails. With up to 50% less RT performance AMD have already stated that RDNA3 will focus on AI, which may mean that their DLSS may not arrive until then. SAM was going to be AMD's saviour, well at least for a few weeks before we found out that Resizable BAR was coming to both Intel and Nvidia. That leaves Rage Mode, an auto overclock that voids your warranty, or maybe just a good description of the posters defending AMD.

There is so much wrong with this post I just don’t know where to begin.

Rage mode is not overclocking. It does not void warranty. Rage mode simply increases the power limit a few percentage points, that’s it.

Back
Top Bottom