• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700k delided CPU delided

Soldato
An open forum is not a good place to be airing disagreements with shop staff.

You felt you deserved a faster RMA but it sounds like the first guy felt he had to agree with you being impatient out of courtesy.

Then it seems like you took that as an absolute guarantee of a faster RMA then talk to a second guy who knows that isn't realistic and tries to manage your expectations by referring to standard RMA times.

You strongly felt you had been let down and ranted on the forum.

It now looks like you have indeed been fast tracked but right or wrong doesn't come into it, feels like someone of supervisor or higher level intervened and pushed it through because it's never pretty having open arguments like that.

OCUK doesn't look good doing that and neither did you.

Associate
Your chip has higher cores 0+1 Temps for sure I redid the delid myself. The Cpu does 5G prime stable at 1.35v though no problem and this was the voltage I first tried so lower may also be possible. Maybe it's not such a bad cpu after all. You got actually better oc capacity than u paid for.

I re delided again before I left but if cores 0+1 are higher leakage maybe this is not actually our mistake and u might have to accept your gobing off was wrong and the job done initially in the delid was as good as it could be and you got a 5G capable chip to boot.

My issue wasn't with just core 0 and 1.. all cores were hitting 70+ just playing battlefield and 80+in prime.

If you had the conversation on the phone I had this morning you would be gobbling off too.

You can tell that it was that alone that's caused all this argument because I knew there was heat issues a few days ago and posted that you couldn't do anymore than you already are and wasn't ranting at all.

That's what wound me up not the actual issue or the having to wait for a rma

So hopefully we can put this to bed now

Associate
My issue wasn't with just core 0 and 1.. all cores were hitting 70+ just playing battlefield and 80+in prime.

I think the CPU 8 Pack tested was mine as I had the issue with core 0 and 1 being insanely high.

Either way mine had been there for 4 days but I did request that 8 Pack personally take at look at my chip so I'm not complaining one bit.

Associate
I think the CPU 8 Pack tested was mine as I had the issue with core 0 and 1 being insanely high.

Either way mine had been there for 4 days but I did request that 8 Pack personally take at look at my chip so I'm not complaining one bit.

Must be....because I've been told they're sending a new CPU.....hope you are sorted after the re-delid.

As is have said... it wasn't actually maybe having to wait that annoyed me.

Associate
Haha, this thread is funny. :p

People should just delid retail 7700Ks themselves, it's simple, cheaper and you've got the possibility of getting a 5.1+ chip at the same volts as these 4.9 chips.

Just my opinion. :cool:

Associate
Haha, this thread is funny. :p

People should just delid retail 7700Ks themselves, it's simple, cheaper and you've got the possibility of getting a 5.1+ chip at the same volts as these 4.9 chips.

Just my opinion. :cool:

I was considering it, but I'd probably want to have a few test runs on some cheap celerons before I tried it on the real thing :p

Associate
OP
On a more positive note thank you 8 Pack for sorting this issue and for all your help, great service after a shaky start.

Finally had a chance to build my system and the chip is performing very well, this is at stock:

uc

This is with a quick overclock to 5GHz:

uc

Games that I was having issues with have gone from a laggy mess to incredibly smooth. Will push the overclock a bit further when I have some more time.

Soldato
5.1+ chip at the same volts as these 4.9 chips.

Sounds great doesn't it except you're waving a best case scenario as a reason to enter a lottery.

You get a chance of about 1 in 4 to get 5.1 or worse if you specify low volts. That's a decent chance to not get what you want.

Of course you can "guarantee" finding one by buying a bunch, testing them all within 14 days and sending back the ones you don't like for someone else to have under CCR.

That's low behaviour but that's the guarantee of getting what you want with random chips.

I don't think it's funny that people would buy a chip with a known OC in an honest mind instead.

Soldato
It just came across that way with your response. And they have won such awards over the years etc. It got best PC builder EU in 2016 from global game awards for instance so that to me would suggest that status. It is hard to obviously quantify but that is just from following a few award sites I trust to actually mean something.

Who are you? shop worker? you seam to know a lot of what goes on at OCUK.
If one pays for a premium product, then one should get premium support.

Associate
On a more positive note thank you 8 Pack for sorting this issue and for all your help, great service after a shaky start.

Finally had a chance to build my system and the chip is performing very well, this is at stock:

uc

This is with a quick overclock to 5GHz:

uc

Games that I was having issues with have gone from a laggy mess to incredibly smooth. Will push the overclock a bit further when I have some more time.

Those are better temps than my 8pack delid on a custom loop I'm sure. Nice

Back
Top Bottom