• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900x vs 2950x

Soldato
OP
That be quiet aio does not support the TR4 socket out the box. Need an adaptor in the form of bequiets bz007 adaptor as per their site.

I would as others suggested take a look at AIOs that have a larger cold plate and tailored for TR4 IMO.

trouble is the Enermax is probe to leaking thats the only one i can find.

Soldato
trouble is the Enermax is probe to leaking thats the only one i can find.

Ahh damm that sucks. I would have thought they were okay given they seem to be going through the trouble to release a new version soon with RGB bling, though maby that remedies the leak issues also?

Associate
Personally would go for Threadripper ! Right now I am so tired with Intel and my 6900K and the meltdown/spectre micro updates smashing my OC settings.
Intelsecurity.png

Associate
What are about 4K gaming? It seems that there is no (big) difference between the 7900X and 2950X.
Maybe the 2950X is a good solution too for 4K gaming?

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Hmmm Its a tough one based on your situation. But if you're looking for cores AND clock speed. Then I think you should wait for the 3000 series, and possibly get the Ryzen 7 (12c/24t) or the Ryzen 9 (16/32t) which will be cheaper than a TR and also satisfy your needs for high core and high clock speed

Back
Top Bottom