• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

Soldato
Ah i hadnt applied the glue in the pic :p just showing the setup. None of the other heatsinks seem to stick to the components like the ram sinks do, is this normal?

Caporegime
OP
Mine are not solid stuck they remain removable but enough to hold them on. I used plenty of goop and gave it a nice long dry time to be sure...

Put loads on (if its g1 and not the actually glue) and hold down for 30 seconds per heatsink. That's what i did.

Yeah i mixed a white and grey pack for 5 min then applied the paste generously, made quite a mess actually :p

God i wish i could get my hands on some of that stuff. Did you buy from ocuk? I've considered buying a second one just so i can get some more g1 goodness.

Soldato
Going to leave it in the draw at work over night for curing...

I bought the cooler off the rainforest because ocuk didn't have stock and I was being impatient :p 10 quid premium...

KNBPJ4W.jpg.png

Soldato
The bottom ramsink? I put in a gap now, it was touching... I didn't realise it could short like that...

Btw why dont people just place the rest of the heatsinks randomly on the card?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
The bottom ramsink? I put in a gap now, it was touching... I didn't realise it could short like that...

The heatsinks must never touch the main base of the cooler, just remember that. Did you use the insulation strips to protect the vrms ? There are 3 locations to protect. Its debatable if you need to protect all 3, but i did. If you look further back in the thread Moogleys posted a picture. I think i might have as well.

Soldato
what cases are you all using? this thing is HUGE id have to resort to the hacksaw if I wanted to fit one of these coolers

I have a Fractal Arc midi. One fits with the top drive bay removed but two will not without a few hacksaw mods....

P1070540.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Perfect. There is also a vrm on the top left corner, where the skinny heatsink meets the tall one. However i don't think its essential to put a strip there but i did just in case. I know others in this thread didn't so you should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom