• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

Caporegime
OP
Also Gelly make sure that no heatsink is touching the main baseplate of the cooler. Its possible the bottom vram one might touch the main heatsink if not positioned incorrectly.

Caporegime
OP
It's not really going from experience from myself and others you just need to follow the guide and everything will work ok

If i can get my hands on a new, cheap, possibly 2nd hand accelero i might do some sort of video guide on how to install it so that this sort of thing shouldn't happen. It won't be that thorough and will likely just cover the actual install of the heatsinks+insulation tape then the merging of the two components but it should help with most of these dead card issues.

Caporegime
OP
I didnt have the black spacers on the back but i 100% made sure it didnt touch the PCB. Im built PCs for years and had a flawless run until recently, everything is going wrong.
Would you say its a bricked card now? Once its shorted thats it? Could putting the black spacers on fix it?

If you used the wrong side of the back plate (the foam is there to stop a short and protect the pcb parts from getting crushed when you screw it down tightly) you have probably shorted it. But its worth trying it. If it doesn't work put the card back together, minus the grey pads as it won't hurt without them and see if it works then.

Caporegime
OP
I'm considering getting an Accelero Hybrid 7970. Trouble is i can't find one any where in the UK apart from an auction site. If anyone has any suggestions, drop me a trust plox.

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/589/accelero-hybrid-7970.html

Make sure its the right one, there are two. Only one supports the 7970 and that is manufacturer code - DCACO-V75A001-GB

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Matt, I have been trying to get hold of one since they launched. No where seems to sell the ones for the 7970. The only ones been sold which I can find are the base model for the ATIs, 7970 not included.
I even emailed Arctic, No reply.

Let me know if you have any luck getting hold of one as I would much prefer one over the Accelero.

Will do mate im on the case. :)

Caporegime
OP
Sorry its my mistake, I didnt read the post properly, I thought you meant the xtreme 3 from the OP.

Ah i thought you might have made an error. Back to the drawing board. :(

I've found a couple on an auction site but im not sure they're the right version. It seems arctic made two versions, one for pretty much every AMD/Nvidia card apart from the 7970 and one specifically for the 7970+ other cards.

Caporegime
OP
sorry for double posting this,but what sort or vrm temps are you getting mat? ive looked back in the thread and saw some at 59c

most im getting now is 73c with 1150/1500 clocks,they used to go above 100c before

Ok lets run a quick test and we'll compare. Unigine Valley, Extreme HD preset.

Stock voltage 1.112v, 1050/1500.

I will do two runs. Once with my accelero+pc fans on the quiet setting then another will everything at full speed which is not much louder.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I use either a silent fan setting on my fan controller + accelero or i have a louder setting for when im clocking harder than 1172/1672.

Silent profile

lJMqaDq.jpg

Silent Temps

QDM3rWj.jpg

My full speed setting is Accelero at 100% and case fans at 100%

KKjRY0A.jpg

Back
Top Bottom