• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

That's a relief, I was afraid that because I had taken off the warranty sticker on the back of the card (covering the hsf screw) I had completely invalidated it.

That's a relief, I was afraid that because I had taken off the warranty sticker on the back of the card (covering the hsf screw) I had completely invalidated it.

Which card have you got? I wouldn't go removing any warranty stickers. I left mine as they were. Mind you, mine were not interfering with any screws. As long as you can put it back how it was you should be ok.

What did it look like after you removed it?

It does but its still there. Mines near the pci-e cable slots but at the bottom.

How lucky can you get with that card? They put a 'warranty void if removed' sticker in a place where you'd never remove it... :p

I'll probably get one with a sticker on every screw and the card'll turn out to be a stinker anyway...

I definitely would have noticed if mine had that sticker on it before i removed it. That was right over the back plate. I wonder if any other msi 7970 oc card users didn't have that sticker.

I tried to peel it off really delicately, it just ripped as soon as I touched it.

MSI must have started shipping cards with that sticker on. We need more msi 7970 oc users to come forward. Mine definitely didn't have that on. I've had my card since 31 Jul, 12, 6:38 am. Yes i ordered it as soon as i woke up. I had a dream about living on Tahiti. I knew it was a sign.

Matt, in the exact words I just got from borat himself.

"hi, I have checked with the supplier. It comes with two sachets of adhesive."

Thought you might like to know. :D

I thought the MSI 7970 OC was old stock which is the reason it was on special? It is definitely a V1 board too.

edit: I hope scottib comes in here and clarifies what the situation is!

Last edited:
Matt, in the exact words I just got from borat himself.

"hi, I have checked with the supplier. It comes with two sachets of adhesive."

Thought you might like to know. :D

Drop me a trust please mate with the specifics. I might order a spare one myself :)

I thought the MSI 7970 OC was old stock which is the reason it was on special? It is definitely a V1 board too.

edit: I hope scottib comes in here and clarifies what the situation is!

Wait there is a V2 of the msi 7970 oc?

Great, I'll probably get some stupid V2 revision with cardboard vrms...

:D

Back
Top Bottom