• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

I put an info request in CS, so we'll what happens there.

There's literally no other 7950/70 that I'm interested in at the moment considering my requirements, so let's hope they can find a couple in the back of Gibbo's sofa or something.

On a brighter note, my Gelid GC arrived :) Might end up sticking some under the K2 to keep me entertained...

Good luck Petey. :)

Will be interested to see if you find it lowers your temps a few C as well.

Interested in that Gelid GC paste as well. Bought a syringe of that liquid ultra stuff. Havent tried it out as im wary of it staining up the base of the cooler. Supposed to be a right pain to clean off.

Can you be persuaded to part with the G1 from your spare Accelero laying around Moog?

Tbh mate I'm either going to fit it to my reference 7970 or sell it as a whole. I'm still working out what to do as I sold my Titan & 7950 so need a GPU and my reference 7970 should have a built by Boeing label on it rather than AMD.

WHAT?

Did it come this morning? you fired it up and now it's sold? or was it just a sneaky play before it went in a build?

I took it out the box and then sold it to the Gas man. :) He was doing my yearly inspection and mentioned he was thinking of getting one. I said he could have this one for the right price. A deal was done and it sold....

Update: 5ub reckons there should be new stock arriving in the next few days.

The dream is still alive :)

Great news!

Tommy's 7970 has been RMA'd back to ocuk and they've approved his refund. Now im trying to phone up to see if i can have his old Shroud+Heatsink. The second i get through to the RMA department i get cut off. Four times its happened now. Was it something i said? :(

Probably.

What do you want it for, if I may be so bold?

Mine has become worn down so the stock backplate for my ref card doesn't screw in as well as it should. Its hard to explain, this picture can show better.

l3JLJ.jpg

The threads in that part are worn down. Spoke to Bailey a couple of months back and he said if a faulty msi 7970 oc card came in he'd keep me a Shroud + Heatsink back and send it out to me. Well hes on holiday at the moment. Tommy just got his refund for his faulty MSI 7970 OC card so now is the best time to try and get it. Spent 30 minutes on hold so far and been hung up on 4 times, given up for now.

Last edited:
Yeah yeah, and Clinton didn't inhale :p

5UB was a star and checked the Accelero package i linked you to Petey via trust but he thinks even that one has the adhesive in it. I'm now officially giving up the search. :(

While he was helping me with that i also asked him to look into the Shroud issue above. He will soon regret ever answering my original question no doubt. :p

5UB loves it and we love 5UB. 'Tis the way of things.

Do you even need the G1 considering the enzotech sinks have sticky pads, or are you doing everything again?

Well i really wanted to do everything again. You know how it is. I get an itch and sometimes that itch needs to be scratched. However for now ill just fit the sinks. Depending on how good the temps are i might clean off all the G1 and go 100% Tape.

Well the cheap accelero i bought of an auction site didn't come with G1. It came with the permanent adhesive. :( So im banking on you now mate. Wherever you get it from, it needs to be older stock if its gonna come with G1 it seems.

Yeah, I can see these are desperate times! The website is the cheapest one that comes up in a search. I'm going to contact them and try to find out if it comes with the two sachets or the tube, fingers crossed.

I wish you the best of luck.

Live chat, should have an answer in the next few minutes!

After all that I get an answer that is blatantly translated by borat saying they need to contact their supplier and find out but they will email me and let me know. Let's hope it's before friday.

Last edited:
Live chat, should have an answer in the next few minutes!

After all that I get an answer that is blatantly translated by borat saying they need to contact their supplier and find out but they will email me and let me know. Let's hope it's before friday.

Thanks appreciate your effort.

Wait, we can send our cards back if we remove the stock hsf?

If its MSI yes. As long as you removing the cooler has not damaged the card. For other AIB's as long as you can make it look like it did when you took it off, they won't know any different.

Back
Top Bottom