• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

I thought the MSI 7970 OC was old stock which is the reason it was on special? It is definitely a V1 board too.

edit: I hope scottib comes in here and clarifies what the situation is!

Ours never had that sticker matt, looks like MSI is going down the route of XFX in regards to cooler removal. :(

Oh well looks like MSI's off the list for cooler removal now.

Thanks for confirming tommy. Bricks were being laid briefly. I better go change underwear.

Check your trust Moog. Its time to do a little business.

I have had about 10 emails asking for the cooler now... :)

I have asked for £50 + £5 postage if anyone is interested I will create a sale thread and keep it all above board. I have the invoice and paid £55 for this one so only selling for what I paid which I hope is fair.

I have had about 10 emails asking for the cooler now... :)

I have asked for £50 + £5 postage if anyone is interested I will create a sale thread and keep it all above board. I have the invoice and paid £55 for this one so only selling for what I paid which I hope is fair.

God damn i can't believe my fellow ocuk brothers are trying to steal the G1 from me. There are some sick people out there.

£55? Yikes. That's £10+ more than i paid for a new one with warranty. I'll pass.

This is brand new never even taken out of the plastic bag. I will do it for £50 and loose a fiver but I will create a sale thread.

Its ok Moog sell it to someone else. l33th3tr33 has already offered to give me his for free (well i assume ill be paying postage :p). I was just thinking if i could buy a spare accelero on the cheap (£30) i would do that.

So what do we reckon?
Should I bother getting this now that cooler removal is almost certainly an instant warranty DQ?

Get it. Frenyz's could be a one off. You can always send it back with DSR if needed.

Last edited:
You reckon the guy putting stickers on that day decided to be mean? :p

Check with ocuk maybe they'll have a look?
Wheres scotti when you need him :(

it's simples really

Buy MSI VGA from OcUK
carefully remove cooler
carefully fit aftermarket cooling
enjoy
if, god forbid, the card becomes faulty
carefully remove aftermarket cooling
carefully refit original cooling with suitable TIM
return to OcUK for RMA
wait for OcUK to send you your replacement

If you don't buy the MSI card from OcUK then you aren't officially covered

Scotti that sounds wonderful. Thank you :)

So, removing a warranty sticker on the screw to remove the cooler won't be an issue?

I realise you've just said it's all cool, but the sticker says different. I just need to clarify that :)

it's simples really

Buy MSI VGA from OcUK
carefully remove cooler
carefully fit aftermarket cooling
enjoy
if, god forbid, the card becomes faulty
carefully remove aftermarket cooling
carefully refit original cooling with suitable TIM
return to OcUK for RMA
wait for OcUK to send you your replacement

If you don't buy the MSI card from OcUK then you aren't officially covered

Thanks Scotti. Top fella. I hope you stick around and join our MSI 7970 OC card love inn.

the sticker is for everyone who isn't buying MSI from OcUK.

:eek:

Frenzy you traitor! Get out of the thread! :mad:

Just kidding. :p

Thanks for putting our minds at rest. Frenzy looks like you need to buy one from ocuk. :)

Thanks scotti :)

For clarification he said "the sticker is for people who arent buying from ocuk" I bought the card from ocuk. I have the order history and receipt ;)

4tPxlAP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom