• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

Soldato
Two stripes there hmm? So one strip on the metal bit and one strip where? Dumb it down as much as possible. :p

I added it either side of the VRM chips. So a bit covering the Vrm choke contacts and a bit covering the components the other side. Tbh it's there as an extra if you fit carefully it will not touch anything. The paste is non conductive so it does not matter if it goes on the contacts.

18WQe_zps18cd8c54.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
booo mine aint here yet! well good news u got yours first as if i need any tips i can ask u now!

let us know how u get on... and if anything i need to know that will help me with mine id muchly appreciate :D

speak soon!

Soldato
If you take your time it's a really simple fit. The hardest bit for me was getting the little stick on washers off the backing paper.

Use a decent rubber to clean the residue away and let the glue dry at least overnight otherwise you will end up with bits dropping off.

Caporegime
OP
If you take your time it's a really simple fit. The hardest bit for me was getting the little stick on washers off the backing paper.

Yeah this is the part i cant do so far. Think ive already ruined a couple of them, my hands are just too big.

Also it doesnt seem to be double sided adhesive, the washers just fall right off.

Only one side seems to be sticky.

Caporegime
OP
They should be double sided ? I used a model knife to part them from the backing.

Mine got all ruined, so i just crushed them, then torn em apart and used bits of them to stick the washers to it. I have four left for the backplate which i will be more careful with. Stupid how you dont get any spare tbh.

Soldato
No really don't like the look of tubes going everywhere, plus it sounds like a lot of hassle.

The only hot/noisy thing in my case is the 7970 and once this is (hopefully) fitted safely everything will be cool and quiet.

It's dead easy. I thought it'd be a bit overwhelming, but I did my first WC build last weekend and it was surprising how easy and straight forward it was.

It's only the CPU for now as I was on somewhat of a budget (socket 2011 ain't cheap! :p) but I am very much interested in expanding my loop to another radiator and two GPU water blocks in the next few months.

(Also thanks to Gregster for helping me out by sharing his overclocking settings and tips)

Caporegime
OP
Lol Amen Mike.

Ok stuck all the heatsinks on. That part was easier than i was expecting. The main trouble came from those little double sided adhesive things. Whoever decided to think of those deserves to be shot.

Will now leave it to set, finished just past 4pm. Will likely try and finish it off in the morning now.

If it doesn't work tomorrow, i will cry.

Just plugged my old x1650 into my pc, windows 8. Seems i can't go above res of 1280x1024 on my 1440p monitor. It hurts my eyes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom