• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

Same to you.

I'll be on the strong stuff tomorrow at 8am if i get no display when i boot up. :D

It'll be fine mate. I get really worried when a PC installation of whatever sort goes a bit wrong or not to plan. Get frustrated and start hitting things (not the missus).

On the subject of missus I also had a delivery from Kevin at DPD today. Kevin arrived on time with her Xmas pressie and I am pleased to report he was clean as a whistle. :)

It'll be fine mate. I get really worried when a PC installation of whatever sort goes a bit wrong or not to plan. Get frustrated and start hitting things (not the missus).

On the subject of missus I also had a delivery from Kevin at DPD today. Kevin arrived on time with her Xmas pressie and I am pleased to report he was clean as a whistle. :)

Yeah im sure it will, but a gpu cooler dismantle and a new gpu cooler install is a first for me.

Just hope it all works come tomorrow. :)

What did you get her? Seeing as its DPD im assuming its a computer part. I get shouted at if i spend money on a computer part for my mrs.

I just like putting new parts in to her computer. :D

EDIT

Just to clarify, when i say i put parts in, computer parts, not my (private) parts. :p

EDIT 2

Not that they'd fit, unless i went in through the drive bay of course.

Jesus... the innuendo's in that post, HA! I've not quoted it as I would feel dirty being seen to repeating that. :p

She's got a weekend, going away bag from ASOS - set me back 150 boys. Hopefully she gets the hint and leaves me alone to go on the PC at weekends! :D

Edit: ASOS don't sell computer parts or anything that you sell on here so please don't ban me Admiral Huddy :( :(

It's dead easy. I thought it'd be a bit overwhelming, but I did my first WC build last weekend and it was surprising how easy and straight forward it was.

It's only the CPU for now as I was on somewhat of a budget (socket 2011 ain't cheap! :p) but I am very much interested in expanding my loop to another radiator and two GPU water blocks in the next few months.

(Also thanks to Gregster for helping me out by sharing his overclocking settings and tips)

Glad to help but that doesn't mean we will not be debating topics I hope? :p

Well done Matt and I am sure it will be fine. Are you looking forward to it being 1-2c lower temps? :p

Joke btw, I hear they are superb for lower temps :)

Thanks Greg.

Annnnnnnnnnd it works. Thank god!

Was a real pain in the ass though, wasn't helped by the fact i had almost no adhesive on the washers. Such a frustrating experience.

Then screwing it all together at the end was equally annoying, needed seven pairs of hands.

On to temps. Played far cry 3 as that used to get my overclock of 1125/1719 up to the 80c range on both the core and memory with a fan speed of 50%.

GPU went up to 59c at 100% fan speed which was almost silent. Kinda like a quiet case fan. Memory was at 80c.

Pretty good i think. Wish the memory was a bit lower, but farcry 3 does heat up the gpu more than most games once you used that compute HDAO.

Now for sleeping dogs, that heats it up even more.

Back
Top Bottom