• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

Anyone have some of the circled heatsinks spare and willing to part with them for a few squid?

http://i44.tinypic.com/9un3uq.png

Need 1 of each but mainly after the narrow one in top right for my 7770. The ones that came with my s1 cooler are too big. Was going to order the complete 7970 set from arctic but they're out of stock of course!

Yeah i have a few i can send you mate. How many do you want?

Arctic have agreed to give me a full refund including return shipping costs and import tax and vat charges upon me sending the cooler back to their german service center. :)

EDIT

Spixel i will get you those heatsinks sent out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay been busy!

Arctic have agreed to give me a full refund including return shipping costs and import tax and vat charges upon me sending the cooler back to their german service center. :)

EDIT

Spixel i will get you those heatsinks sent out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay been busy!

No worries.. still waiting for my sekisui thermal tape to arrive anyway :)

That's decent of Arctic, but of course it would have been better to not have been sent a used cooler. How much did it cost you in total?

No worries.. still waiting for my sekisui thermal tape to arrive anyway :)

That's decent of Arctic, but of course it would have been better to not have been sent a used cooler. How much did it cost you in total?

Christ not sure ill have to work that out ask me again in a few days but either way ill be getting all my money back. :)

EDIT

i'd accept the refund, but they should arrange collection themselves.

they didn't send what you paid for so they should refund immediately and arrange collection of their rubbish at your convenience

Arctic Accelero Xtreme 7970/7950 or Alpenföhn Peter/Prolimatech Black Series MK-26

Has anyone had a comparison between these coolers?

Arctic Accelero Xtreme 7970/7950 or Alpenföhn Peter/Prolimatech Black Series MK-26

Has anyone had a comparison between these coolers?

I tried both and preferred the accelero. The peter, though effective was a bit ugly and provided worse core temps than the accelero. It was also louder.

It depends how you set it up.
With a standard configuration, the Arctic is better. If you can go the extra mile with your fan setup, the Alpenfohn wins the day.

Petey you're alive? Good to see you back, its been too long. :D

To be fair Petey did have a pretty awesome setup with his Peter but he did have a hell of a lot of fans. Not sure how practical that is for most of us though.

Antec p280 is my case, only running 1 GPU.
But also I have an sound card which by looking at your setup with peter cooler might be a problem...

900x900px-LL-20076f7e_1031532.jpeg

I was thinking of buying fans for it anyway e.g. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-104-TR&groupid=701&catid=2331&subcat=1816

Not the best photo (on my phone from a while ago), but here is Accelero in P280. Card was heavier, so a bit of sag as you can see - although that photo does exaggerate it somewhat. Accelero isn't a great deal 'deeper' than the ICE-Q, but it is a bit longer. As you can see though, the P280 offers enough room for it comfortably, even with a fan installed in that position.

photo2fcm.jpg

Last edited:
Aww your HIS 7950 Ice-Q looks lonely. Forget buying an Accelero the his cooler is already good. Stick another HIS 7950 in there.

EDIT

Blimey you have a lot of gpu sag.

Yep, it does seem lonley. But I don't need another GPU. :cool:
It seems a lot on the picture, but it's not that bad. :p

555hg.jpg

Last edited:
Petey you're alive? Good to see you back, its been too long. :D

To be fair Petey did have a pretty awesome setup with his Peter but he did have a hell of a lot of fans. Not sure how practical that is for most of us though.

Yeah, I'm still haunting the place from time to time :o

4 fans did the trick, but yeah, it's far from practical for most users :D
As I've said many times, the Accelero is easily the best out of the box solution. Takes up less space, makes less noise and performs as well or better in standard configuration :)

The Peter is great, but only if you're willing and able to make the most of it's potential. Even then, the only real advantage is better VRM temps.

He then saw the light and went with custom water :D
Good lad :p
Indeed he did, but now we never hear from him again. Tbh id rather have the active, talkative, fiddling, more fans than justin bieber pete back. Maybe thats just me though. :p

LOL!
To tell the truth, the loop looks great, performs great and building it was crazy fun, but in all honesty I do miss fiddling with the chunky heatsinks and stuff :(

IC3, you probably could rock the Peter in there quite easily and then have a ball with setting up all the fans and stuff, but I'd probably just grab an accelero and save the potential hassle/fun (delete as appropriate acccording to your preference ;))

Back
Top Bottom