• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

I got it today and it is the same card as yours. I don't have the thermal glue to stick the heatsinks on though. I was going to order that but talks of the GTX780 started popping up and it's very hard to sell a 12-13" GPU with the accelero attached.

I will order the permanent glue from artic now anyways (will cost ~$7) and if the 780 doesn't cost a fortune and it's in the $500 range then i will sell my 7970 with the stock cooler for it because when i put those heatsinks on with the permanent glue i don't think they will come off with our type of VRMs. They aren't attached to the PCB as well as the stock 7970 VRMs are.

Question though as i have yet to tinker with my card, is it voltage locked? how high is your max OC? I got some crappy ASIC quality 74% compared to the 87% of my last card so i'm curious if i can ever see 1300Mhz again on air.

nope it not voltage locked:D;)

currently im sat at 1150/1700mhz with 1.150v,max temp 55c 24/7 gaming stable

in benches ive been upto 1240mhz on the core,and that was with the stock cooler,i havn't tried in benchmarks with the accelero fitted yet

I used the g1 adhesive,if you don't move your pc around or fiddle inside much its fine,theres slight movement of the heatsinks with the g1 but it sticks ok

and oh I wouldn't worry about asic too much

Last edited:
Is that with the accelero fitted? It won't go much above 1500mhz memory with stock cooler and 1050mhz core that's with stock 1.112v

With accelero fitted I'm running 1150 core and 1700memory and 1.150v that's my 24/7 clock,asic is 85 I think ill have to check

Is that with the accelero fitted? It won't go much above 1500mhz memory with stock cooler and 1050mhz core that's with stock 1.112v

With accelero fitted I'm running 1150 core and 1700memory and 1.150v that's my 24/7 clock,asic is 85 I think ill have to check

No accelero isn't fitted yet but this cooler isn't bad at all. core temp is in the low 60s at 1125mv.

Anyways my stock VID is 1050 this time and stock clocks are 955Mhz/1375Mhz so far i'm still looking for stability at 1100mhz because even with 1144mv it freezes this is on 13.5beta. Doesn't make sense for me to start pushing 1200mv+ in this card with no heatsinks on the vrms so i will wait for the accelero glue to arrive and GTX780 reviews before putting the accelero on because when i put it on i cannot take it off.

well i think i managed to get 1150 stable at 1.188mv so things are looking up (hey gotta be positive lol)

It isn't anywhere near as good as my last chip but at least it isn't those sub 1100Mhz chips. Still though, guess the only way to find out it's limits is to get my accelero back on and juice it up to 1.250mv or even 1300mv. I'm hoping at the very least to crack the 1200mhz barrier which i think i could do at alittle over 1250mv.

Good thing about this chip is even with 1.188v the core stays at 64c and the vrms stay under 70 (WITHOUT heatsinks) so it's definitely a lot cooler then my last card which would be in the 80c by now hopefully it's like those water cooling chips which clock like crabs on air but are very good with a lot of voltage dumped in them.

hey guys, any idea whats the best thermal adhesive to use for sticking on the vrm heatsinks?

This stuff provides the best hold and temps.

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/accessories/587/thermal-adhesive.html

Still not heard anything substantial back from Arctic lads. They offered me a 50 euro refund and a new backplate only so far. I was extremely disappointed with that offer when i paid for a brand new cooler which cost a lot more than 50 euro.

I've now asked them to try and source one for me from newegg as they appear at least to have them in stock. They said they don't think it will be possible but are trying to negotiate with their us office. Stay tuned for more.

Last edited:
yes its better although the stuff that came with the cooler is fine provided you don't move your pc around or mess around inside much

it sticks the heatsinks but there is slight movement with the provided paste
I let it dry overnight but kept having a problme with them moving,
I hope that other all in one tube holds better...

I stuck on my heatsinks with mx-4 alone, they're holding and it dropped my vrm temps but im having issues. I get a blackscreen if I try push up volts whereas before I could max out my volts without a crash, also windows explorer keeps freezing and resuming while other apps are unaffected like my browser etc. Could it be some paste going onto the pcb?

Hi matty you heard anything back yet from arctic on your cooler ?.as a pick me up as you was most usefull earlier in this thread i can gift you dirt 2 and or grid 1 through steam (got them both already and got these through grid 2 bonus) i just need your e-mail,if you dont want them let me know and i'll throw them out to the graphics card forum.

Hi matty you heard anything back yet from arctic on your cooler ?.as a pick me up as you was most usefull earlier in this thread i can gift you dirt 2 and or grid 1 through steam (got them both already and got these through grid 2 bonus) i just need your e-mail,if you dont want them let me know and i'll throw them out to the graphics card forum.

This is what they said after i asked them to try and source me one or get one from newegg in america and send it over to me. (according to newegg they have 36 in stock)

w0zyfa9.jpg.png

I sent another reply since that message saying what's going on, ill take a partial refund if you can't order me a new one. I did ask them why they took my money though seeing as they don't have any to send me.

Thanks for the offer which i gladly accept, Dirt 2 please mate. I'll trust you my steam.

This is what they said after i asked them to try and source me one or get one from newegg in america and send it over to me. (according to newegg they have 36 in stock)

w0zyfa9.jpg.png

I sent another reply since that message saying what's going on, ill take a partial refund if you can't order me a new one. I did ask them why they took my money though seeing as they don't have any to send me.

Thanks for the offer which i gladly accept, Dirt 2 please mate. I'll trust you my steam.

Hi ive sent a trust message

Back
Top Bottom