** 8 PACK BUNDLE: 6700K OC, AIO, ASUS HERO, 16GB 3000MHz & MORE FOR £499.99 (£270 SAVING) **

Associate
Looks good.

Those with memory issues try DRAM Voltage around 1.35 to 1,4 upto 1.45 is no issue 24-7

Also set IO voltage to 1.2 and SA to 1.2 report back.

Use the mem slot furthest from the CPU miss one slot then the next......

If need be you can also disable XMP and try 17-18-38 main timings at 3000mhz. I tested several of these kits without issue myself.

Will give it a try tomorrow and report back

Thanks

Tink

Associate
Hi 8 Pack, just to update you from our convo in the other thread (was ages ago, added the to the bottom of this post).....

I managed to get it working pretty good with the Geil mem using your base advice given to someone else as a guide.

I got the Sa and IO values down lower bit by bit (could see them turning yellow and purple with the given settings which didn't seem good lol) and everything's stable, done loads of tests and long gaming sessions with no crashes.

Happy for now :) Thanks for your help.

8VDc6Ez.png

What are the recommended settings for the Geil kit?

I've just done what was stated in post 4 and it all appears to be working but wanted to be sure.

Btw Ai suite managed a 4.9Ghz clock before it crashed at 5.0...I've Just stuck to the 4.5 clock settings 8 packs given.

I am out at the office at the moment so cant check exactly the settings with the latest shipping bios and the Geil Kit. I tested a while back but of course cant remember.

Initially set up exactly as I describe in post number 130 of this thread and report back.

Sounds like mem training issues. Remove CPU OC and test with defaults and just XMP and IO, SA at Auto. Just to see if you have a bad memory stick.

If this is fine add OC again and test with IO at 1.2 and SA at 1.25v.

Last edited:
Associate
What stress programs are you guys using?

For Prime95 I need something silly like 1.34 vcore, level 4 LLC just to get it to run for 20 mins before i chicken out and shut it off with it hovering around 68 degrees.

Perhaps i got exceptionally unlucky with my chip, but the aforementioned 4.7 stable seems incomprehensible with this cooler.

Associate
I use Asus realbench although I believe 8 pack combined this with cinebench and some other stuff.

I'm no expert but I wouldn't really use prime tbh. It is overkill and when you're actually using it for day to day gaming or whatever you bought it for you won't get anywhere close to the temps prime gives you.

I remember getting in the 90's on some cores in prime on the haswell i7 and a corsair h100.

Associate
Just got mine put together , everything came in post fine built it today in a cm stormtrooper case and stuck everything in and the gtx 980
loaded it up with my ssd all ok so far just doing some tests .
Ive not overclocked it to 8 pack settings yet just by the ez wizard
Will have a go at it tommorow .

The any thing that is baffleing me is the DDR 4 3000 MHZ RAM is only showing 2400mhz in bios ?

Tink

I had the same problem. This is what caused my OC to fai each time. I took the RAM out and put it in one by one checking the bios each time and it now shows as 3000 and the OC works great :)

Associate
Urgh can't wait to build mine, just waiting for a deal on a RX480 8GB and a PSU to power it all.

I'm after a 480 too, the gtr black edition.
I've seen it for sale for £260 with a code for Civilization VI which I wouldn't want, and I've just seen a code sell in the MM for £25, so £235 seems pretty good to me.

Would a 550w be enough, or would a 650w be better?

Also can't decide on a case, but keep going back to the NZXT S340 elite.

Associate
Cool, thanks I'll go with a 650w.

Do you recommend any? I was looking at the EVGA G2 based on nothing more than the fact it has black cables.... probably not a good way to choose.

Back
Top Bottom