• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8800GT Stock?

Associate
Heh. It puts a heck of a lot into retrospective. I haven't been all that computer active in the last 3 years, and now I'm totally astonished at the cheapness of things... A top class graphics card for £200? Bloody hell, I payed nearly £350 for my 9800pro. And a 6000+ X2 AMD 64, plus mobo and memory for less than £170? Holy crap. I'm amazingly impressed, but then I've been out of the market, so I'm not sure if I'm being ripped off or not. I never imagined picking up a high end card for less than £280.

yeah tell me bout it, i remember paying £380 for my 9800pro...

Associate
I've had a Geforce FX 5900 Ultra now for 4 years or so an its lasted me through almost everything :D...
Can't wait to upgrade, just bought new rig etc so yeh....all new for me :)

Soldato

:D

Interesting that the Crysis branding looks a bit like it was an afterthought - I expected it to be all over the box but it's just a sticker on the front and the DVD in a plastic sleeve.

Card is awesome though - got 11606 in 3DMark06 first time out with 3.1Ghz C2D.

Last edited:
Soldato

:D

Interesting that the Crysis branding looks a bit like it was an afterthought - I expected it to be all over the box but it's just a sticker on the front and the DVD in a plastic sleeve.

Card is awesome though - got 11606 in 3DMark06 first time out with 3.1Ghz C2D.

Thats because it was just like any other card with a game in it, a little sticker on it, just they put Crysis edition on because its Crysis, one of the biggest and most popular games out at this time, so calling it the Crysis Edition just because its got Crysis with it is bound to attract more buyers for this card.

Soldato
How much did you pay for it?

£223. Sounds like a lot, but as I got a £25 game with it which I was going to buy anyway, that means I effectively paid £198 for the card... I think the extra £15 over a standard GT was worth it for the guaranteed OC and the 10-year warranty.

Associate
£223. Sounds like a lot, but as I got a £25 game with it which I was going to buy anyway, that means I effectively paid £198 for the card... I think the extra £15 over a standard GT was worth it for the guaranteed OC and the 10-year warranty.

And dont forget the step up and being able to put 3rd party cooler on without invalidating said 10 year warranty.:D

Associate
You gotta post the cards to germany or somewere, you have to pay EVGA's prices so it could be more expensive than selling your card and buying the next one up, its a long wait too.

Could be a good deal with the well over inflated prices at the moment. EVGA will probably be on RRP

Associate
Erm. Those of us with tight financial budgets don't have the luxery to upgrade more than once a year, I've had a 7800GTX now for two years. Just because he 'mainly' plays Half Life 2 doesn't necessarily mean its the only he game he plays. I mainly only play Jedi Outcast..., yet that won't stop me upgrading my system now to perform well with current titles.

Thank you.

Somebody is on the same level as me.

I also just bought a new display, and it is useless until I get my card.
Anyway, I called OcUK today and they said new ETA for eVGA cards is the 6th. I am actually considering just getting a Gainward now, as this is quite ridiculous.

They also said they were 'unable' to send me any eVGA card (as a few days ago Crysis packs came in and there was free stock. It was all sold by the time I got back from work) unless I place a separate order for each one.
However by doing this if they all came in they would ship them all, and there was no way they could make a note to cancel the others. As I cannot check my emails at work, I would have no way of knowing until I got home at 8pm.

I would obviously be billed for all three and have then have to return them.

Frankly guys, not the best customer service I've experienced :(
However, here's hoping the cards finally arrive tomorrow! :D

EDIT: @ posts above - off topic somewhat?? Please take the StepUp discussion elsewhere, it does not belong in this thread :) Cheers.

-dissy

Caporegime
Yeah... if they take the price for the Crysis edition and I get to keep the game, I was thinking of trying to get a new GTS out of it.

Yes they do. You get what you paid for your crysis edition against a step up and you get to keep the game.

So you have £223 to step up with?

Ought to get you a vanilla EVGA GTS 512Mb for the cost of shipping. Good move

Associate
EDIT: @ posts above - off topic somewhat?? Please take the StepUp discussion elsewhere, it does not belong in this thread :) Cheers.

-dissy

sorry officer, I didnt realize you are the forum police.

go back thru the thread m8 I think it started before you made your first post, sometimes it goes a little off topic but always gets back on track.

Caporegime
Well Gibbo i think yer wasting money there on all those GT's your getting in, you should only get EVGA/BFG brands in from now on and sod the rest as no one wants em, as you can see from all those Gainwards you have sitting there still, its pointless gettting cards in that no one wants mate, send the buggers back, take the rest down, and just do the 2x brands (BFG/EVGA). :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom