• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8Packs no BS testing Intel 8700K and Z370 with Delid 5ghz and above available from OCUK.

Awesome! Hopefully this means I'll get some good news tomorrow as I ordered my 5.1g binned cpu last Friday afternoon. :)

I'm going to pair this CPU with 32gb of G skill 3600 RGB memory on an Asus MH10 - for best stability is it better to get 2x16gb or 4x8gb or does it not matter? Also is this the fastest speed memory that's compatible with this CPU overclock or can I go faster? Cheers

Awesome! Hopefully this means I'll get some good news tomorrow as I ordered my 5.1g binned cpu last Friday afternoon. :)

I'm going to pair this CPU with 32gb of G skill 3600 RGB memory on an Asus MH10 - for best stability is it better to get 2x16gb or 4x8gb or does it not matter? Also is this the fastest speed memory that's compatible with this CPU overclock or can I go faster? Cheers

I got the 5.1 with 8X4 gb. I really wanted to get 2x16 for stability too like you asked, and for upgradability as well. But coudln't find anything like the cas 14/3600mhz 8pack I bought. Anyway, this setup has been stable and stress tested it for a few hours. Although want to do more in depth tests.

So science wise does this make any sense at all? Isn't copper the better thermal conductor to nickel, hence people lap the IHS to flatten the slight curve and to remove the nickle plating and expose the copper which renders the 'pro edition' some what pointless... Specifically the Nickel plating in theory makes it worse over flat copper so why would you do that? The silver is marginal in thermal conductivity over copper so again pointless, the smooth flat surface is nice but ultimately thats what the compound is for to improve contact.

I get the delid and liquid metal part, clearly good, but the rest is pretty well doing nothing at all... If the Nickel is to prevent tarnishing then you theorise its thin enough not to detract from the performance of the copper, ergo its all pointless :)

I got the 5.1 with 8X4 gb. I really wanted to get 2x16 for stability too like you asked, and for upgradability as well. But coudln't find anything like the cas 14/3600mhz 8pack I bought. Anyway, this setup has been stable and stress tested it for a few hours. Although want to do more in depth tests.

Can you post a link to this memory, I tried to find it but failed, could only find cas 16/3600

No memory is c14 3600 xmp. My range is 3200 c14 or 3600c16. Both of these kits oc really well 3866-4k very easy c18 or 19.

3600c14 no vendor is doing. My dimms will tune down though with tweaking no issues.

I bought the 5.2Ghz bin, but i can't get it to stabilise at 5.2GHz. It wont even boot at 5.2Gz,1.4v. It does boot however when i lower the freguency by 50MHz but i would get an instant BSOD when i did anything intensive, i.e a benchmark or a stress test. I have set my ram to stock speeds to make sure it wasn't the cause of the issue. Right now I'm running it at 5.0GHz at 1.4v.

Back
Top Bottom