• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8Packs no BS testing Intel 8700K and Z370 with Delid 5ghz and above available from OCUK.

Soldato
Plus 20% of 'value' added tax. It's all relevant.

*any posts from this user are that of his/her own and do not reflect a government party stance*

What's the value added tax?You do realize it's £550 before tax. I might be going over to Germany next year, could replace the cheap booze and tobacco with coffeelake and make me some money back here lol.

And the disclaimer lol

Why is it that so many people think you have to add VAT when buying from inside the EU (while we are in it)? VAT is included at the point of sale, so the price you pay from the retailer is the total you will pay. In this instance if you paid the €729.90 + P&P, totalling €742.80 (via DHL), then using a fee free credit card your total would be £664.60, so almost £140 less, and with a 2 year warranty. ;)

Associate
Why is it that so many people think you have to add VAT when buying from inside the EU (while we are in it)? VAT is included at the point of sale, so the price you pay from the retailer is the total you will pay. In this instance if you paid the €729.90 + P&P, totalling €742.80 (via DHL), then using a fee free credit card your total would be £664.60, so almost £140 less, and with a 2 year warranty. ;)

I was referring to the 20% VAT in the UK means the price reads the same in GBP as it is in Euros. As in we get hammered for VAT after the exchange rate has been applied. Happens all the time across most industries, something could be priced across the board at 300 Dollars, 300 Euros and 300 GBP. UK ends up paying more when comparing the exchange rate.

Permabanned
The price is the price they will charge what people are willing to pay but why do they get 2 years warranty and we get 1? That to me is a slap in the face considering Casekings is OCUK's parent company. Do they value their work and customer more than OCUK does?

Soldato
The price is the price they will charge what people are willing to pay but why do they get 2 years warranty and we get 1? That to me is a slap in the face considering Casekings is OCUK's parent company. Do they value their work and customer more than OCUK does?

Don't think they have a choice, as it's the EU they have to give 24 months.

Permabanned
Our consumer protection laws are different, to the rest of the EU, some say superior, some say inferior. However you look at it, they must give 2 years, a UK retailer does not.
Ok they are forced to yet they can still cover warranty for twice as long at a cheaper price. Why would you not just buy it from Case kings direct?

Soldato
Skirting around the whole competitors thing, I've asked if they are classed as one before, never got an official answer. I'd imagine they still are since there is nothing stopping you paying the €15 shipping on a whole system worth of parts and saving a good wedge.

I'm sure if you ask for clarification it'll arrive. ;)

Permabanned
Skirting around the whole competitors thing, I've asked if they are classed as one before, never got an official answer. I'd imagine they still are since there is nothing stopping you paying the €15 shipping on a whole system worth of parts and saving a good wedge.

You first :p

Don

Nope it is fine :)

Associate
About to receive my Taichi so I have a few questions...

Which voltage is the one I want to look at under load? CPU-Z or HWINFO Core #x VID? Is voltage droop desired or should I try to get load as close as possible to idle voltage (assuming we still use voltage override and not adaptive on CFL)?

Which settings in Prime did you use for the stress testing?

RealBench actually uses some AVX instructions, right? Just not to a crazy extent like the new Prime versions that turn it into a power virus. Is there a hidden way to turn them off or do you just go with the AVX there when you stress test with RealBench? How much memory should I use to test there if I have 16 GB in my system?

OcUK Staff
OP
About to receive my Taichi so I have a few questions...

Which voltage is the one I want to look at under load? CPU-Z or HWINFO Core #x VID? Is voltage droop desired or should I try to get load as close as possible to idle voltage (assuming we still use voltage override and not adaptive on CFL)?

Which settings in Prime did you use for the stress testing?

RealBench actually uses some AVX instructions, right? Just not to a crazy extent like the new Prime versions that turn it into a power virus. Is there a hidden way to turn them off or do you just go with the AVX there when you stress test with RealBench? How much memory should I use to test there if I have 16 GB in my system?

Llc level 1
Cpu Z latest is reading core
Prime v26.6
Yes real as normal 16GB utilisation.

Set avx offset to 2-3

Back
Top Bottom