• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8Packs no BS testing Intel 8700K and Z370 with Delid 5ghz and above available from OCUK.

Associate

Not watched this yet but I'm sure people will be interested.
Although his choice to use a vega GPU and not a 1080ti is questionable.
Yeah, seems it just worsens the GPU bottle-neck situation which hides the 'truth' of how fast each CPU really is. Digital Foundry has the right idea, using an overclocked Titan XP

Associate
How do people run 5 GHz AVX Prime95? HWInfo shows me almost 300 W power consumption when I try that... Failure is inevitable.

Associate
Which Prime version and test exactly? What is the power consumption according to HWInfo for you? What about SA, IO and memory? Edit: Looks like I can do 4.9, probably limited by temperature at 5.0.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cache / core current max????

Max this out???

Its above where you set cache ratio.

I've just tried this 255.50 I think is the maximum.
I also set the CPU voltage to 1.4v instead of the usual 1.32v but it has no effect. With AVX offset active, it fluctuates between the frequencies even when not using AVX loads.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Associate
Had it on the Z370 Prime-A with factory BIOS, still on the Taichi with factory and 1.16 beta BIOS. Is there a way to confirm AVX instructions are not used? Because every program compiled in the last few yours could potentially use them, correct?

Soldato
Had it on the Z370 Prime-A with factory BIOS, still on the Taichi with factory and 1.16 beta BIOS. Is there a way to confirm AVX instructions are not used? Because every program compiled in the last few yours could potentially use them, correct?

Well im 99% sure battlefield 1 doesn't use avx, nor does forza 7.
If they do however then its just best we overclock to the maximum stable avx frequency.

Associate
I've just tried this 255.50 I think is the maximum.
I also set the CPU voltage to 1.4v instead of the usual 1.32v but it has no effect. With AVX offset active, it fluctuates between the frequencies even when not using AVX loads.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yep I'm seeing it too. Not good...

OcUK Staff
OP
No game I ever tested caused the CPU frequency to dip under AVX load even when the platform has AVX offset set. So I am pretty sure games don't have AVX. Try Prime V 26.6 vs AVX version 27.x 28.x see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom