• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8Packs no BS testing Intel 8700K and Z370 with Delid 5ghz and above available from OCUK.

Associate
Temperatures in these games are nothing to be concerned about. Far from any throttling and fans not even going full speed. The behavior we see is clocks jumping between full and AVX or staying at AVX altogether.
When clamped and braced down by the socket bracket that shouldn't be an issue.
I would not be worried with conventional paste because it stays soft, but metal paste usually gets hard and brittle, so losing contact to the heatspreader could mean it ends up with gaps of air between die and IHS next time it is in the socket. I can do the promised 5.1 GHz in non-AVX Prime, but it is hitting 92°C with a dual fan NH-D15 in a Silverstone Raven RV-02E.

Soldato
Temperatures in these games are nothing to be concerned about. Far from any throttling and fans not even going full speed. The behavior we see is clocks jumping between full and AVX or staying at AVX altogether.
I would not be worried with conventional paste because it stays soft, but metal paste usually gets hard and brittle, so losing contact to the heatspreader could mean it ends up with gaps of air between die and IHS next time it is in the socket. I can do the promised 5.1 GHz in non-AVX Prime, but it is hitting 92°C with a dual fan NH-D15 in a Silverstone Raven RV-02E.

Nobody has mentioned what temps they were getting in games, which is why I asked. Not sure what folks are doing wrong, unless they can find other instances online of users reporting similar behaviour in games.

Can anyone who is experiencing this behaviour post their board, UEFI build, as well as Windows build, please

Last edited:
Soldato
Nobody has mentioned what temps they were getting in games, which is why I asked. Not sure what folks are doing wrong, unless they can find other instances online of users reporting similar behaviour in games.

Temps in games are about 60c, the frequency also drops in realbench/prime/aida/3dmark. It seems to drop in anything that uses more than 2 cores.
Remove the AVX offset and it will hold perfectly fine.

Associate
Interesting, Prime 26.6 seems to work correctly for me when using the offset. But that is about the only thing besides Cinebench which can also have a very short drop occasionally.

Associate
Running the highest LLC with virtually no droop, but I would assume Auto also gives you a high LLC setting under OC.

Associate
What setting should I be looking at for this with the Taichi?

IGPU Multi Monitor has a video controller show up in my device manager regardless of Enabled or Disabled

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom