• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8Packs no BS testing Intel 8700K and Z370 with Delid 5ghz and above available from OCUK.

Associate
Higher than 4K is sketchy. 4 dimm board so not ideal. Good Imc can average Imc is 3866-4k certainly on current bios.

My video covers this stuff as does the op.

Is the Z370 Apex comfortable exceeding 4k?

My Asus Z270 code was flaky at and above 4k. I have to reduce frequency on my 4266 sticks and tighten timings for the best performance.

Soldato
So I ordered a Gaming 7 when i'm usually an Asus guy... Memory wise where do you think the potential is capped, just looking at grabbing some of the 8Pack sticks so curious as to whether I might get 4k performance with tight timings from the 3,866 or should I future proof myself with the higher speed anyway. Or return it and get a diff board, plenty of time :)

Soldato
Gaming 7 3600-3866 makes sense. 3600 for me.

Apex decent Imc 4K easy 4266 ok.

Ofcourse code could not do 4K easy 4 dimm board. Totally different memory arrangement.

Is it just the stock images or the Gaming 7 has no IO Shield on the back just a gaping dust hole for that crappy fan?! Thinking I might return the Gaming 7 or just not accept delivery and change my mind/bottle it ;)

Soldato
Do the delidded CPU's come with any test information, ie, the name of the mobo tested with, memory and the settings used to reach the 5.1 OC? Of course only to be taken as a guide.

OcUK Staff
OP
Yes ofcourse it's covered in my op.

M10H or Taichi mainboard. Also some on Gigabyte gaming 7. 8Pack dark pro mems 3200Mhz c14, 4.4 cache. 240mm aio.

Vcore 1.35-1.4, Sa 1.05 io1.05

Soldato
Think I'm going to go 5ghz delidded and gaming 7, that -20/25c seems worth it and I don't want to risk the biscuit doing it myself tbh. Should I see a nice gain over my [email protected] ???? - looking at the pc gamer review and DF video, they seem to suggest so.

When roughly will they be back in stock?
Should I go 3600 or 3866? - 3600 has tight timings?

Soldato
One in the box.

:) thanks mate, on the fence now as I’d like something to run dual channel a bit faster than my current 3600... any idea if the other Asus are weeks or more like months away?

If I was to try and push mems more on the G7 I guess getting the higher speed sticks and tighter timings is more likely on the slightly lower than rated speed.

Associate
@8pack So the mobo for my 4770k decided to do it's thing and blow up 2 weeks ago. Been waiting 2 weeks to upgrade to coffee lake. Clearly out of stock and me needing to work ASAP I got one of your 5.1 Pre binned i7 CPU for the extra cash (plus been kinda secretly lushing on those pre binned for a few years, now I have an excuse.) Anyway I went for the Gigabyte ultra gaming and LXP 3200mhz but trying to get the mobo replaced for a gaming 7. My question is, should I aim for higher than 3200mhz ram, is it gonna affect the potential of the i7 I bought?

Associate
I bought it thinking that it wasn't delided but after reading it very much looks that they are so that was a nice surprise (I would expect that it would be included somewhere in the shop specs as that IMO definitely justifies the price (plus the labour of testing it and warranty)).

Back
Top Bottom