• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8Packs no BS testing Intel 8700K and Z370 with Delid 5ghz and above available from OCUK.

Associate
The temp bottle neck is between die/silicon and heat spreader. So if you're regularly exceeding 80 degrees, I'd recommend delidding so that your hestsink has a better chance at doing its job.

Max voltage is 1.4v, temps permitting.

Associate
Ok, will monitor the temps, one thing I notice is the 80 deg C temps are with a minute of Prime starting, once I leave it, it sits around 70 degrees?

I think I will delid this as if I make a pig of it, it's less costly to replace than when I do my 8600k or 8700k in a month, good practice!

OcUK Staff
OP
I just started overclocking my 8350k, not overclocked for many years so learning by doing as there is hardly any info out there on this cpu.

8350k, ITX, 3000Mhz Corsair RAM. I have set XMP ON, set voltage to 1.225 and now testing 4.2Ghz.

Aim is to get to around 4.6 to 4.7 and settle with that. I have a Hyper 212 cooler. So far at 4.2 I can hit 80 deg C on prime.

Not really sure what the max voltage I should use it, I've read 1.225, 1.3-1.4??

Also not sure on max temps, not going to go over 85 deg C.

I have a delid tool and the paste, but not sure if it's worth it on an air cooler, will I hit a temperature limit or a silicon limit first?

Cheers
I tested 10 of these Friday on that cooling need delid for sure.

Associate
I tested 10 of these Friday on that cooling need delid for sure.

I started learning to OC these last night, one this is my CPU fan is 800rpm max with a fairly low SP, so got something much better coming tomorrow.

Goal is to get max single thread on a budget.

4.5Ghz
1.28v
82 Deg C max in Prime. I am running Prime blend, 4 threads, for 15 mins, no idea if that is ideal settings?

4.6Ghz takes me to 92 deg C so a big jump.
Tried 4.6Ghz with slightly less volts but Prime fails with Rounding error.

4.6Ghz with Cinebench gives me a score of 205, max temp 70 deg C. Not familiar with results but 205 seems pretty good, 8700k at stock is 195 but I am not sure what stock means (without turbo or at 4.7Ghz?).

Do you think a 4.8Ghz is realistic with a delid, better fan, then bump the voltage as high as it will go without going over 85 deg C? I also want to check temperatures in games. I guess it's not good if prime shows high temps, but Cinebench and games show good temps. It's going to be my Dads pc so he will never run a stress test in future?

Cheers

OcUK Staff
OP
Blend you need 30mins so large and small fft are used. I think in tour cooling those volts will be too much with hard load.

Try real bench as a better real world testing option.

4.8 is realistic yes with delid and or better cooling.

OcUK Staff
OP
^^ Of course call sales get your order in and on the next binning I do the Bundles will get them first. You can have upto 5.2ghz Bin.

Anyone wanting this as part of the Elite Tier bundle with Maximus 10 Hero or Taichi, 16gb 8Pack mems 3600C16 and cooling to suit get your orders in now!!!! I will prioritise these before any binned CPUs go on our site. Just like systems also get priority.......

Last edited:
Associate
^^ Of course call sales get your order in and on the next binning I do the Bundles will get them first. You can have upto 5.2ghz Bin.

Anyone wanting this as part of the Elite Tier bundle with Maximus 10 Hero or Taichi, 16gb 8Pack mems 3600C16 and cooling to suit get your orders in now!!!! I will prioritise these before any binned CPUs go on our site. Just like systems also get priority.......

Cheers. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning

Soldato

Hello! Pulled the trigger on your 5ghz bundle. I assume these are also delidded?

Soldato
Based on the response I got from the customer service team, yes they are.

Do you happen to know if this applies to the 4.7 / 4.8 GHz OcUK Gaming Extreme4 / DEFCON 1C Taichi bundles also? I asked Ian in another thread but he hasn't seen it and I'm itchy to order. Also (in case Ian does see this), do the binned CPUs (eg 5.0Ghz) come with normal Grizzly TIM for life so to speak, or are they liquid metal that needs reapplying periodically?

Associate
Do you happen to know if this applies to the 4.7 / 4.8 GHz OcUK Gaming Extreme4 / DEFCON 1C Taichi bundles also? I asked Ian in another thread but he hasn't seen it and I'm itchy to order. Also (in case Ian does see this), do the binned CPUs (eg 5.0Ghz) come with normal Grizzly TIM for life so to speak, or are they liquid metal that needs reapplying periodically?

Couldn't say, only asked them about the 8Pack Elite bundle.

Back
Top Bottom