• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGTX970 descriptions states: "delivers 2x the performance of previous-generation card

You realise that this is based on comparing it to a 670 ? The whole launch campaign compared first gen maxwell to first gen kepler and how it is 2x the performance (per watt I think ?)

You could argue the second point on probably any graphics card's 'on-box-hyperbole' so I don't see the issue there?

The only issue here is that it is a cut down part and the compromises made in doing so were never really described.

youd think with such a mess up you would think they would react with quick replies. obviously not. probably got no idea what to do or just hoping people calm down and take it.

how long does it take to reply ?

this has been going on for days not hrs or minutes.

First they need to investigate, then they need to figure out a game plan, then they need to consider damage control.

You're talking millions of pounds here.

Nothing is going to happen with the snap of fingers.

well, apart from me jumping ship - that boat sailed quickly :D

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I dropped my tin hat when looking over the battlements and had to run down and get it ;).

I'm been reading the question's and have tried to answer the majority of them below.

So first off, request for refunds.
I fully understand why people would want one but at the moment I don’t have an answer I can give you.
I am looking into it and will update you as soon as I can.

Can you return your GTX 970 and replace it for a GTX 980 with paying the difference in price?
Again, at the moment I don’t have an answer I can give you. This is something else I’m looking into but will get back to you when I know more.

What are NVIDIA going to do for the people who feel they have been mislead over the GTX 970?
We do apologies to people who feel mislead. The GTX 970 is an amazing card but I understand if anyone is not happy with the purchase.

Will NVIDIA offer compensation or offer of an exchange/refund due to misinforming customers of the incorrect spec and not detailing VRAM specifics until now?
Our specs in the reviewers guide where incorrect which is our mistake. The VRAM behaves as we designed it to but we should have given details on the memory architecture sooner.

I'm sure everyone appreciates the apology Rick, but you do realise that this is against Consumer Law in the UK/EU don't you??
The GTX 970 does have 4GB of VRAM. We did make a mistake in our reviewer’s guide on the ROP count which are currently looking into. Performance is exactly the same as we said at launch and what you guys all read in the reviews worldwide.

Seeing that the performance on the card is in effect reduced.
1) How do NVIDIA propose to resolve this to the satisfaction of the community as a whole.
2) Does NVIDIA see this as RMA for those who wish to take that route, with a full refund or credit towards another Nvidia product?
3) Will the Nvidia enforce All product packaging is amended to meet the new specifications of the card by all OEM?

First of all, let me say the performance of the card is not reduced. It performs the same today as it did when we launched it. It still the same card we received many awards and great feedback on.

For refunds or exchange, I do not have an answer I can give you at the moment. As said above, I’m looking into it and will update you as soon as I do.

All packaging information is correct, the GTX 970 does have 4GB of VRAM. We do not publish ROP or L2 cache on our packaging

Well be quick, these shall be going £600 plus soon as were struggling to find any more, so the last few we won't be giving away like we are at present at sub £500.

Id much prefer my 970s to perform the way I thought they were going to when reaching over 3.5gb of VRAM... So if you can tell me whats going to happen so I can finalise my decision.

Coincidence the AMD range are on sale?! Should that be a sign to us all? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom