• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I've blocked quite a few people in this thread as there are the obvious ones that aren't adding anything to the discussion and are clearly just baiting others.
Funnily enough most of them are the ones without a 970.

To be fair I've blocked quite a few people in this thread as there are the obvious ones that aren't adding anything to the discussion and are clearly just baiting others.
Funnily enough most of them are the ones without a 970.

Agreed I haven't blocked anyone yet in my time at OCUK but on the back of this thread I'm sorely tempted.

Not sure what the agenda is but it's a bit tiresome hearing the same old argument.

An uplifting side note from me: my 'Pick Your Path' turned out poorly as well. I got Far Cry 4 and saw only a black screen ever since release. Game doesn't like controllers being plugged in, and Ubi don't care about patching PC games.

Hi Guys,

I’m Rick, a Product Manager for NVIDIA based here in the UK. Although I read the Overclockers forums a lot and work with the guys here, this is my first post.

If you’ve got any specific questions I’ll do my best to answer them.

Thanks
Rick

Hi Rick, welcome to the forum. Sorry to see you join in less than preferable circumstances.

Am in interested in the projected performance increase from the driver update, and what exactly that will do to solve the reported mis-performance when gaming at 1440p for newer games.

Do you know when and what the update will bring to the GTX970 exactly yet?

I'd rather not look to return or offload my new card, which was bought with the intention of gaming at 1440p in conjunction with a G-Sync monitor. My intended path was to combine it with another GTX970 in time plus the monitor.

If it transpires that the GTX970 is not capable of running 4gb vram demanding games, such as good levels of detail @ 1440p requires, will Nvidia offer a route to purchase a GTX980 instead for no loss on the 970 card?

I'm not looking to talk down the company, abandon Nvidia for an alternate card supplier never to return etc.... I just want to game at 1440p and good detail levels, which is what the GTX970 was touted as doing at full speed 4gb vram, and which is why I bought the card in good faith.

Cheers.

It doesn't matter what card lambchop has, he is probably the biggest nvidia fan on this forum so will stick up for them no matter what they do, just look through his post history, you are better of ignoring his posts....

I must say though it is hilarious reading some of these posts by the nvidia defence team, sooooo much butt hurt yet guaranteed if this was AMD, they would be having a field day! :D

It does make sense why the 970 was sooooo cheap at launch now, I knew it was too good to be true!

IMO Nvidia should either:

- provide a full refund for people who wish to return their 970's
- provide a partial refund
- provide LOTS of free games and not ubi buggy POS games....

Then why post LambChop, you are clearly stating that you could care less about the issues other users are facing and not trying to find a solution. A civilized solution ofcourse that won't hurt OCUK.

About 300 pages back I was the first to post Nvidia's official response to the 'issues' people face. I have also tried to set peoples expectations a little lower. I have also tried to advise people not to chargeback through credit cards.

I'm sure thats been helpful-ish and a darn sight more helpful than most have posted. What else am I to do ? It's not my fault I understand what Nvidia have done with the 970's.

Difference between UK vs US law.

Also, Sony did just have to pay out for advertising the Vita as cross play compatible on PS3 when actually that functionality was limited.

Either way it's irrelevant here as consumer law in the UK protects the consumer so we don't need to raise class action lawsuits because our contracts of sale are with the retailer.

It'd then be up to the retailer to get compensation from the manufacturer.

we went over the vita thing a thousand posts ago. sony stated, in adverts to consumers, that they would be able to do things with the vita they ultimately could not.

how doers that compare to nvidia sending the wrong techincal information to review sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom