• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 300 pages back I was the first to post Nvidia's official response to the 'issues' people face. I have also tried to set peoples expectations a little lower. I have also tried to advise people not to chargeback through credit cards.

I'm sure thats been helpful-ish and a darn sight more helpful than most have posted. What else am I to do ? It's not my fault I understand what Nvidia have done with the 970's.

Personally I'm not expecting to much other than "maybe" a driver fix which isn't exactly going to remedy the issue for me fully imo.

We all understand what Nvidia has done, we are just left in the dark.

I must say though it is hilarious reading some of these posts by the nvidia defence team, sooooo much butt hurt yet guaranteed if this was AMD, they would be having a field day! :D
Whilst i agree there are a few people leaping to the defence of nvidia, there are AMD owners posting snide remarks etc in this thread. They dont own an nvidia 970 so their comments arent contributing in any way. All it's doing is turning this thread into a mess. Im sure if there was a thread where AMD cards were having issues, youd have similair comments from nvidia users. Sad as it is but thats the sometimes immature nature of some people in this sub forum.

Rick@NVIDIA

I don't own a 970 but hearing the news on the bandwith limitation for the 500MB segment is there any chance that you can get NVIDIA to discount the card by atleast £100 before March, I promise I will buy one then even with the limitations :D

we went over the vita thing a thousand posts ago. sony stated, in adverts to consumers, that they would be able to do things with the vita they ultimately could not.

how doers that compare to nvidia sending the wrong techincal information to review sites?

I didn't drag up the Sony example, just responded to a point as I'm no expert on US laws or class action law suits.

Nvidia have admitted inadvertantly misleading consumers though (either through false advertising or omiting important information) and so from a UK perspective Nvidia have mis-sold their product to retailers & consumers.

Hopefully Nvidia can find a solution and offer refunds or compensation (games?) directly as would save a lot of admin for OC etc.

Rick@NVIDIA

I don't own a 970 but hearing the news on the bandwith limitation for the 500MB segment is there any chance that you can get NVIDIA to discount the card by atleast £100 before March, I promise I will buy one then even with the limitations :D

The cards are great and still worth the ~£290 they cost now. The performance isn't the main issue (unless you need 4gb), it's the mis-selling.

Whilst i agree there are a few people leaping to the defence of nvidia, there are AMD owners posting snide remarks etc in this thread. They dont own an nvidia 970 so their comments arent contributing in any way. All it's doing is turning this thread into a mess. Im sure if there was a thread where AMD cards were having issues, youd have similair comments from nvidia users. Sad as it is but thats the sometimes immature nature of some people in this sub forum.

Yup, guaranteed that the AMD fans posting the snidey comments would be defending AMD if this was happening with their GPU's and the nvidia fans would then be posting their snidey comments, pretty much sums up this sub-forum tbh.

I would be ****ed if there was this issue with the 290's!

(I love all these **** take images/videos when it comes to AMD/nvidia though :D)

Wish the dons would just start to ban the obvious offenders from this sub-forum like what they have done in the past.

Rick@NVIDIA

Even if they were £150, I don't think I would buy one, quite a few games these days are using more than 3.5GB of VRAM and it is likely that most, if not all the games coming out this year/next year will use more than 3.5GB of VRAM so there is no way I could put up with the stuttering that some people are mentioning, something that I am really sensitive to.

Last edited:
we went over the vita thing a thousand posts ago. sony stated, in adverts to consumers, that they would be able to do things with the vita they ultimately could not.

how doers that compare to nvidia sending the wrong techincal information to review sites?

Its not just technical information though

GTX970 descriptions states: "delivers 2x the performance of previous-generation card, bringing new gaming experiences to virtual reality, and ultra resolution 4k displays"... blah blah blah... "these technologies provide the most immersive and competitive gaming experiences possible."

So can you honestly say:
1. At that exact point in time when the 970 has a stutter/freeze attack it is performing 2x the performance of the previous generation card?

2. At that exact point in time when the 970 has a stutter/freeze attack are you getting the most immersive and competitive gaming experience possible?

The answer is "No", its as simple as that, and just as simple is this.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, goods must be (i wont list all)
- As described.

Does this card match the description at "ALL" times? No it doesnt.
Oh look consumer "LAW" broken, due to misinformation from Nvidia.

If i am wrong about this, i ask you to correct me, not flame me.

I feel sorry about companies like OCUK who are now in the firing line for a mistake thats not theirs. I hope Nvidia sort this out sooner, not just for my sake and all those in the same position as me but for OCUK too.

It's been a mess right from the start to be far.

Its not just technical information though

GTX970 descriptions states: "delivers 2x the performance of previous-generation card, bringing new gaming experiences to virtual reality, and ultra resolution 4k displays"... blah blah blah... "these technologies provide the most immersive and competitive gaming experiences possible."

So can you honestly say:
1. At that exact point in time when the 970 has a stutter/freeze attack it is performing 2x the performance of the previous generation card?

2. At that exact point in time when the 970 has a stutter/freeze attack are you getting the most immersive and competitive gaming experience possible?

The answer is "No", its as simple as that, and just as simple is this.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, goods must be (i wont list all)
- As described.

Does this card match the description at "ALL" times? No it doesnt.
Oh look consumer "LAW" broken, due to misinformation from Nvidia.

If i am wrong about this, i ask you to correct me, not flame me.

I feel sorry about companies like OCUK who are now in the firing line for a mistake thats not theirs. I hope Nvidia sort this out sooner, not just for my sake and all those in the same position as me but for OCUK too.

That's stretching isnt it? titan black is the previous gen. did you think 980 was twice as fast as that? no, because you know its the usual to-be-ignored sales blurb which was only ever accurate when compared to certain hardware in very specific circumstances but for whatever reason people are really dissecting product descriptions trying to find ways to stick it to nVidia. I was going to say ways to send their cards back, but as we already know, most people in this thread don't even own 970's....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom