• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
That because there are not really many threads like this.
Im more for making sure something like this does not happen again and that AMD dont start getting any bright ideas for doing the same.

If we all kept quite you can be damn sure NV would do it again.

I am not saying people should keep quiet, I am saying the majority of people just don't read these threads and care even less as long the cards work.

The point he is making is that the vast majority of pc gamers probably dont even go on forums to discuss buying hardware, they just read a couple of reviews and then buy something and never look back

My missus plays loads of games but she couldnt care less what hardware its running, the only specifications she cares about is if it will run X game and that the case is pink

You got it spot on.

The likes are DELL, Best Buy, DSGI, Rainforest could not give a flying monkeys.... :D

If you read my thread, I mentioned TAM, total available market share. Forums and enthusiast are a sales percentage, which make up part of that TAM.

The bigger shares than us enthusiast are SI and regular B2C sales, they are huge in comparison.

Do you think DELL by 1000pc of 970 at a time, or Best Buy buy 1000pc at a time, these are your monsters and alone can account for more sales of a GPU than all enthusiast together.

Forums are great and they can help get results and help with sales but the share they make up on the TAM is quite small.

won't be good if "TAM" buyers want refunds :D

This is going nowhere to be honest. We are not going to get anything from Nvidia apart from ****s and giggles. So that's the end of that.

Yes that has helped but the 290 has been out a long time, its not new and shiny so its going to harder to sell.

100% right, this is why NVIDIA are dominating at the moment. If AMD can scrape some share back from this, great for them, the sooner they flog all those 290/290X they still, the sooner we might see 300 series.

I am not saying people should keep quiet, I am saying the majority of people just don't read these threads and care even less as long the cards work.

This pretty much,

I feel miffed off by Nvidia because I didn't get the full picture in the beginning. I tried explaining it to two friends who I both recommend 970's to and they couldn't give a monkeys.

To be fair, they do play pretty much only League of Legends so I guess they get what they deserve lol.

Still a great card if you only care about raw fps as you can just turn textures down etc but if you're wanting to play AAA* games in the pipeline you will be looking at a potential bottleneck.

In a quandary about this. I was all for buying a 970 for the system I'm building. I don't want a high power draw card and have selected other components with this in mind, so the only realistic option is a 980.

That said, not sure I want to 'reward' nvidia by buying what is undoubtly a more profitable part.

Msi 970 SLI @ 1440p gutted by this as I really need all that 4gb. I sure hope Nvidia do the right thing here and offer refunds.

I can imagine some folks at ocuk are pretty pi$$ed at nvidia at the moment..

In a quandary about this. I was all for buying a 970 for the system I'm building. I don't want a high power draw card and have selected other components with this in mind, so the only realistic option is a 980.

That said, not sure I want to 'reward' nvidia by buying what is undoubtly a more profitable part.

Buy AMD then, trust me they wont care

Tbh I'm running my cards at 1500mhz/4000mhz 24/7 via bios. Even if you got refunds what could you get for the money that is as fast? But that said still doesn't make it right.

Is that a tacit admission of sorts that even if you had known about this 'issue' from the start that you would still have gone for the 970's ;)

Is that a tacit admission of sorts that even if you had known about this 'issue' from the start that you would still have gone for the 970's ;)

No I would have bought the 980's for a fact.. and those who know me know this to be the truth.

I nearly did but the 970 with the advertised specs looked the better deal and turned out not to be.

the other cards dont have a rubbish reputation, even if this reputation is justified or not............ because MUD STICKS

i wouldn't give you 100 quid for this card after reading this lot....£174 in a 2nd hand junk shop is different, but that's not what most of us will do here, we'll try and sell them on E Bay or MM :D:D

this card will only be worth something 2nd hand if Nvidia fix it via a patch/ drivers whatever, if not it'll always be seen as a card with DODGY RAM, steer well clear of it

Tempting to agree and say they are only worth £30 each second hand ,So shall we say £60 for the pair of yours mal i'll take those dodgy cards off your hands :)

Really for most buyers the cards value is the same is was last week , and a good 75%+ of buyers wont ever know about this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom