• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must read REALLY REALLY REALLY slowly...

Seriously? Months?

It doesn't take that long, don't be silly... you can easily make your mind up with an informed decision in under half a day and even that's being generous.

Pretty much. I think I decided on my system refresh in about 90 minutes. The hardest choice is usually motherboard.

W.

If we knew then what we know now the 970 launch would have been an epic fail, with people saying that it's basically not the card it is supposed to be.

yea but the card isn't as bad as the posters here say... but the way it appears now, because the card itself is pretty damned good.......easily the best i've had.

Had we known about this at launch, it probably wouldn't have changed much. People would have been able to make more informed decisions is all.

I am one who either would have stuck with my 290's or gone 980, as I was supposed to be using a 3440x1440 monitor.

Ended up being 4k....

If the full specs of the 970 were known at release, i still think it would have been a decent upgrade for those on older cards such as nv 600 or AMD 700 series. Personally i never seen it as a signifigant upgrade over say 780/290.

You must read REALLY REALLY REALLY slowly...

Seriously? Months?

It doesn't take that long, don't be silly... you can easily make your mind up with an informed decision in under half a day and even that's being generous.

dont be silly ........it takes months to build your first rig !!! it takes ages to find out what to buy, i had no idea what a mobo even was... or a PSU.... the shop had to show me how to wire it up etc etc....i had no idea where the CPU went, i had never seen inside a PC before...

dead easy now yea, but not 10 years ago, but it's also hard to know what to buy if you've been off the forum for 2 years... you get out of touch

Last edited:
Oh if i remember correctly you did think about it :) but thought wisely.
Ideed i did humbug, but that was from a cooling point of view, due to how the 970's run a good deal cooler than 780's. But then, i do indeed make some daft purchases. Very drunk one night and bought a q9550 to replace a 3.8ghz q6600. Heck in the past 18 months ive been through 5 cpu's and 2 associated motherboards. Ivybridge 3570k, 3770k and 3x haswell i7's, 1x 4.5ghz 4770k and 2x 4790k's.:o

dont be silly ........it takes months to build your first rig !!! it takes ages to find out what to buy, i had no idea what a mobo even was... or a PSU.... the shop had to show me how to wire it up etc etc....i had no idea where the CPU went, i had never seen inside a PC before

dead easy now yea, but not 10 years ago

Even an total beginner with ZERO knowledge could research, spec, buy and build a complete PC system in a few weeks AT MOST. Months? Step off.

dont be silly ........it takes months to build your first rig !!! it takes ages to find out what to buy, i had no idea what a mobo even was... or a PSU.... the shop had to show me how to wire it up etc etc....i had no idea where the CPU went, i had never seen inside a PC before

dead easy now yea, but not 10 years ago

It was easy 20 years ago, it's harder these days as the cost of components is ridiculous so I find myself talking myself out of buying everything.

Just post a 'spec me' thread on here and let other people do the work. Stulid usually comes up trumps.

That said, I didn't with my last build as I had some rather specific requirements that needed quite a bit of research regarding ESXi and IOMMU.

Even an total beginner with ZERO knowledge could research, spec, buy and build a complete PC system in a few weeks AT MOST. Months? Step off.

yes but that time has to include saving for the components too.... i didn't mention that, so back then it was a mobo one month, then the psu whatever the next, my first rig took 6 months to build.

even this one still isn't finished and i've had it 6 months :eek: it's had 4 pc cases... 25 fans................5 PSUs...........4 GPUs............3 mobos... 4 tower coolers and i dont like this Phanteks case either so that's going soon, let alone these 970s

i'm not into the software at all, i like fiddling around with the components instead, it has to look just right but i take a long time to research, it takes two weeks just to buy a new fan !

Last edited:
real bummer but good to see this is being addressed. I agree that besides some stutterinug in FC4 and AC Unity my 970 is one of my best purchases. However, with a 1440p monitor on the way im worriedwe wont have a fix for this before I before need to go SLi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom