• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but that time has to include saving for the components too.... i didn't mention that, so back then it was a mobo one month, then the psu whatever the next, my first rig took 6 months to build.

even this one still isn't finished and i've had it 6 months :eek: it's had 4 pc cases... 25 fans................5 PSUs...........4 GPUs............3 mobos... 4 tower coolers and i dont like this Phanteks case either, so that's going soon.

Your lack of disposable income has nothing to do with what is deemed a reasonable amount of time to build a PC from scratch following research. Quit the nonsense.

yes but that time has to include saving for the components too.... i didn't mention that, so back then it was a mobo one month, then the psu whatever the next, my first rig took 6 months to build.

even this one still isn't finished and i've had it 6 months :eek: it's had 4 pc cases... 25 fans................5 PSUs...........4 GPUs............3 mobos... 4 tower coolers and i dont like this Phanteks case either so that's going soon, let alone these 970s

i'm not into the software at all, i like fiddling around with the components instead, it has to look just right but i take a long time to research, it takes two weeks just to buy a new fan !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUl6PooveJE

dont be silly ........it takes months to build your first rig !!! it takes ages to find out what to buy, i had no idea what a mobo even was... or a PSU.... the shop had to show me how to wire it up etc etc....i had no idea where the CPU went, i had never seen inside a PC before...

dead easy now yea, but not 10 years ago, but it's also hard to know what to buy if you've been off the forum for 2 years... you get out of touch

I repeat... you must be a slow reader.

Either that or just a bit dim and lacking in confidence...

It's ok... just months is silly.

My first system was a pre-built... upgraded the RAM and graphics card myself... but the time I had done that I was confident enough to build a PC from scratch... it's rather simple.

Your lack of disposable income has nothing to do with what is deemed a reasonable amount of time to build a PC from scratch following research. Quit the nonsense.

^^

6 months to build a computer :p
Hardest part in building the computer is choosing the colours, seriously :o

Mind you, i can't really talk.
Takes me ages to do anything, tend to have everything i need sitting around just waiting for actual time to get everything done.

Takes me ages to do anything, tend to have everything i need sitting around just waiting for actual time to get everything done.

The hardest part about building a computer is waiting for the stuff you buy to get delivered!!

It was easy 20 years ago, it's harder these days as the cost of components is ridiculous so I find myself talking myself out of buying everything.

i dont i buy far too much, with me it's some kind of mental disorder.... i spend money when i'm bored, i see the pc and think...``i dont like the case anymore and i'm not sure about that fan either`` , i've then had it, i have to buy something, i get very excited when i receive a parcel from Overclockers i'm addicted to the buzz, there's nothing quite as good as getting a new PC case or buying another Megahalems cooler.

these GTX 970s not working right, is just another poor excuse for me to buy something else.

Gibbo do me a favour please..........ban me from here

I repeat... you must be a slow reader.

Either that or just a bit dim and lacking in confidence...

It's ok... just months is silly.

My first system was a pre-built... upgraded the RAM and graphics card myself... but the time I had done that I was confident enough to build a PC from scratch... it's rather simple.

^^

you dont even know what dim is do you, you've no idea what you're saying at all.....

i dont i buy far too much, with me it's some kind of mental disorder.... i spend money when i'm bored, i see the pc and think...``i dont like the case anymore and i'm not sure about that fan either`` , i've then had it, i have to buy something, i get very excited when i receive a parcel from Overclockers i'm addicted to the buzz, there's nothing quite as good as getting a new PC case or buying another Megahalems cooler.

these GTX 970s not working right, is just another poor excuse for me to buy something else.

Gibbo do me a favour please..........ban me from here

Some people collect cars, or build trainsets or buy the same ubisoft game year in year out. Do what you enjoy, just don't go into debt because of it!:p

Really enjoyed reading this thread, now I know why the 970 was so cheap, unexpectantly as I recall, Nvidia new it was gimped but decided not to tell, what a decision that turned out to be, someone at NVidia is clearing their desk right now. Funny thing is I think it is a really good card for the money and if Nvidia had been honest about the memory issues I don't think it would have affected sales too much. 4K being readily available so cheaply would appear to have revealed its limitations, shoving it over its unknown 3.5Gb limit. Still a good card for the money at 3.5Gb memory in my opinion. :)

yea white is a girlie colour, fed up with it, so it's time for either another Lian or that D-Frame.........but before this we need to sort out these cards

right i've made my mind up.........I'M KEEPING THE CARDS, they'll be ok until the 380X comes out, instead, i'm going to replace the pc case

Last edited:
Probably have to go down the 290x route, since I think the AMD cards will be a few months off.

For those that, for whatever reason, do not want an AMD card there is only really three options. A 980 or an older gen (but still capable) card like the 780Ti. Be it new or second hand. Or just keep the 970s which, for many people, will be perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom