• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers fellas, will give AB a whirl later, not really measured how much VRAM my 970 G1 is using when in BF4 but to be fair I only game at 1920x1200 and havent noticed any stuttering or fps loss however I just advised a mate to get a 970 for his new shiny 1440p monitor and he says sometimes he suffers FPS loss, so i'll get it installed and see what the crack is. He is still running an older 3750k though
Same res here and in bf4 on max settings its around 2gb ram use. At 2560x1600 under DSR its about 2700mb. Your mates 3570k is still a decent chip, had both ivy i5 and i7. Haswell isn't a big improvement performance wise in games.

Good news. Lets hope MSI do the same :)

Quick question - Im assuming that if consumers decide to go direct to manufacturer for "upgrade replacements" the warrant is transferred to them and removed from OCUK?

Yep, if you pay money to someone to buy a product (as with the evga stepup) your contract is then with evga, however evga warranty is excellent

HI there

We have EVGA with us today and they are first to provide an update on the GTX970.

If you still feel you have to return your EVGA GTX970 then EVGA will 100% support any return of your product through OCUK.

EVGA do however encourage you to contact them directly before returning your card, as options to step up to GTX980 will be made available but only those in direct contact.

Please contact [email protected] if you have any concerns with your EVGA GTX970 product.

I am extremely surprised by this. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair play. EVGA were being knocked for their 970' compared to other cards.... but the reputed customer service seems to trump again.

I've never owned an EVGA, but well done.

What about others like ASUS Gibbo?

It takes time and I am also trying to sort something internally, patience is the key.

But as has already being said, 970 is stunning and some of the issues people are complaining about are present on all GPU's, including the 980, driver fixes will resolve the issues across all cards.

there also needs to be a option for those keeping their cards.

for eg if people can return get full money fair enough but if you keep card what then ? you have still been shafted.

i ask that as the AMD option is slower even with the gimped 512mb.

is there going to be a rebate option if keeping card or something?

HI there

We have EVGA with us today and they are first to provide an update on the GTX970.

If you still feel you have to return your EVGA GTX970 then EVGA will 100% support any return of your product through OCUK.

EVGA do however encourage you to contact them directly before returning your card, as options to step up to GTX980 will be made available but only those in direct contact.

Please contact [email protected] if you have any concerns with your EVGA GTX970 product.

Well-done Gibbo and EVGA.

Wonder what they'll do with all those 970 cards? I'll take one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
VRAM issues aside anyone elses OCUK 970 (reference design) runs at high idle temps? Mine is pretty much always at 47°C... I know my case isn't the problem here since it's cold as ****Fully star out all swear words**** inside.
This is off topic but if you are using multiple displays, especially with SLI, you could do some googling around that. I read on EVGA's forum that there are some issues with drivers not throttling the clock speed back correctly at idle. There are workarounds with settings or driver tools to force the correct idle throttling behaviour.

Seems I cant return my 970's

Hello

The status at the moment is:

Any customer outside 14 day grace period, we will not accept returns on 970’s due to the internet rumours. Until NVIDIA tell us otherwise or it is proven NVIDIA has miss-sold the product under no circumstances must we take an RMA back due to this. Of course if within 14 days no issue that is the law.

OcUK has not advertised ROPS, SMU’s or L2 cache and neither has NVIDIA, if reviewers have done so that is upto them.

We are clear, NVIDIA are clear, until as such it is proven that NVIDIA are not clear we won’t be accepting returns, so we see no fault and until NVIDIA inform us otherwise we won’t be accepting RMA’s based on threads in forums on the internet."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom