• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbo, what happens to the returned cards?

b-grade specials? ;)

Many will be b-graded and sold at loss unfortunately, expect them to be around £180-£220ish in B-grade, as they are effectively fully working, just sold at typically B-grade reduction prices as per all other B-grade items.

~>Dg<~

Just stop with the babble. If you are not happy with the card, Nvidia and how they have acted you would return your card. Stop shouting your mouth off and acting like a child because they won't give you something for you "choosing" to keep your card.

why cant you just reply normally ? replying with insults.

im just not happy with what else could be done if asked pushed for.

lol pay extra upgrade to a more expensive card. thats just made ocuk more money for our issues. how is that a fair outcome ?

refunding people fair enough thing is nvidia will give ocuk the money for those cards. so its not like ocuk is losing.

as to keeping the card i have said why. does that excuse what has happened ? no . so what does that do for business ? it makes it worse. not better.

can you not see that ?

I can't wait until gibbo buys back all of these returns at a refurb rate, cheap awesome cards for everyone :D

The will be sold B-grade at regular B-grade prices, the 970 value is unchanged as its still a great card. Anyone expecting £100 970's are in dream land, not happening any time soon. :)

I'm just waiting on msi stance on this. Unfortunately it's a bitter pill to swallow when you have two 970's. I almost feel I must return them now regardless. Damn shame but it's how I feel now. This has forever dented my nvidia experience (almost shatters it). Sad day indeed so far

I can also announce already that anyone with a KFA/Galax card, this also includes the Infinity card can return the card if the customer wishes, because again our customers are kings. :)

If that's the case why didnt you come out with this from the off. That wasn't the message we was getting when the news broke or yesterday was it was appernt the findings was correct...

Yesterday it was money is king. It took EVGA to step up and you to see customer reaction to change your/ocuk's opinion.

I tip my cap to you for coming back with this offer. But you're riding on the EVGA customer first wave, lets be honest.

Gibbo im having so much issues with 970 strix from asus begining from masive coil whine and stutter when card is using more that 3.3gb Cod aw bf4 FFXIV ARR as I am gamming in 1440p i had to lower the details to keep it runing smoothly, but now i know why. If you give us an option to return 970 pay the difference and get 980 same brand ill be happy to do so.
Ps coil whine last around 20mins....
Regards

Pete

edit was writing post from mobile...

Last edited:
If that's the case why didnt you come out with this from the off. That wasn't the message we was getting when the news broke or yesterday was it was appernt the findings was correct...

Yesterday it was money is king. It took EVGA to step up and you to see customer reaction to change your/ocuk's opinion.

I tip my cap to you for coming back with this offer. But you're riding on the EVGA customer first wave, lets be honest.

Seriously, at this point they are not obligated for anything, so less of people like you messing up my chances of returning, thank you very much.

We've done KFA2, Galax, Inno3D, OcUK of our own back with because they are brands you can typically only buy from OcUK and we want to put customer first. We are sure they will support us as well as we are close to them.

OcUK is pushing like crazy and I hope to have an internal decision later on the bigger brands, but the hit to OcUK is pretty big, so internally this takes a lot of work to arrange.

But hey we are trying and communicating to you our customers hourly around the clock, name me one competitor worldwide which does this? :)

Cheers Gibbo, appreciate all the work you guys are doing for your customers!

After all this is over, it'll certainly give me a good idea as to which brands to stick with in future (depending on the outcome). The ones you've listed will be on that list for a start.

I'm just waiting on msi stance on this. Unfortunately it's a bitter pill to swallow when you have two 970's. I almost feel I must return them now regardless. Damn shame but it's how I feel now. This has forever dented my nvidia experience (almost shatters it). Sad day indeed so far

thats what many dont get . for many they wont buy nvidia products now again. just because of how this has played out.

for eg i recommend probably a thousand or more sales to ocuk each year . guess what thats nvidia gone for a start . all through a simple mistake which could have been rectified.

no, to be fair to Gibbo/OCUK what they said was "we're waiting for words from nvidia/manufacturers and will let you know more tomorrow"... now it is tomorrow, the words are coming back and OCUK are confirming they will take returns as and when they get confirmation from the manufacturers

thats what many dont get . for many they wont buy nvidia products now again. just because of how this has played out.

for eg i recommend probably a thousand or more sales to ocuk each year . guess what thats nvidia gone for a start . all through a simple mistake which could have been rectified.

they are taking returns, what other "rectification" are you wanting?

Yes and no. Caseking announced yesterday they would take returns, before EVGA or us, and we've being working internally on it, essentially working out how many thousands of pounds it will cost us. Caseking went first because they have a smaller customer base, we had to have a lot more meetings and a lot more financial working out which takes longer.

We can soak up the cost on our own brands and EVGA will support us, that is the answer. :)

The big brands, we will need support and awaiting for them to offer it and were also trying to work out the cost involved if they do not, but it takes meetings and more meetings to work out these potential cost and then to have departments ready.

The fact is our RMA department is ready, because preparations were made yesterday, our time to announcement is just slower. :)

So if anything, EVGA are riding our wave as Caseking, the company which owns OcUK announced this first in Europe before anyone, our customers are kings but everything takes time.

Last edited:
I need 4GB as an absolute minimum now, or I'd be jumping on 2 or 3 of the B-Grade cards ;) :D

Absolute class response from Gibbo/OcUK & Caseking, leaders yet again where it matters most :cool:

Not really commented on this, over the top, but I think I've had it with Nvidia now, pretty under handed tactics if you ask me.

I think I would rather have to lower myself to the fact of walk around my house in just my Y-fronts all night and stick a pair of 290's in my machine.

Are overclockers going to put a sticky on the graphics card forum about the returns situation at present? Such as evga are offering and yourselfs.

The offerings are getting lost in this thread, also by chance people who have not seen this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom