• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there

OcUK has also decided as Inno3D is our own exclusive brand, anyone again not wishing to keep the product can contact our returns.

As already said without the support we are happy to announce already, that we will take back the Inno3D branded cards, KFA2, Galax, OcUK and of course EVGA are treating the customer like kings and happy to sort this without issue.

The big brands we still await feedback on because KFA2, Inno3D and OcUK cards we are supporting by ourselves as they are our own brands and for OcUK customer is king, so we have made the decision to act now. :)

But we remind you 970 is still the same performing product every was raving about and many still are. :)

Honestly this is a god-tier response from OcUK. I feel bad for you guys taking the hit on this, but I can certainly say that I would never buy from another retailer again (unless you don't have stock, hint hint 3D vision kit).

For those with RoG swifts, I ran mine on AMD at the start (7990/7970 trifire) and would say it's worth sticking with nVidia. If you really want to upgrade to 980s fine but the 970 is still a damn good option.

I certainly wouldn't be keeping a 970 now for one reason only, resale value. I'd be worried about taking too big a hit in a years time, if I did decide to sell on.

Last edited:
*stuff* maybe ocuk at not trying to rectify for owners like me. ocuk are trying yes well done but upgrading to a more expensive card ! *Stuff*

all that does is leave me personally ****** off but with decentish performance.

I don't get that statement, all of the manufactures that OCUK have said are accepting refunds are doing just that, accepting full refunds, you have the option to upgrade via EVGA, but even with them you can get a full refund if you so wish.

If you own a card from one of the other brands then we are yet to hear anything.

What people are taking exception too is that you appear to want to keep the card and get something extra, even if that means from the people who should bare no responsibility for this problem in the first place.

And im sure if you are hitting 3.5gb anyway, would the extra 512mb make that much difference?
I can understand you guys and girls who are playing at high res/4k / multiple screens etc but for a lot of people at 1080p (myself and brother) are we really losing out that much?

Thing is, I'm thinking that quite a lot of people who bought the 970 may want to go SLI down the road. With this problem that makes owning a 970 a much different case than what people thought in the beginning.

~>Dg<~

Just stop with the babble. If you are not happy with the card, Nvidia and how they have acted you would return your card. Stop shouting your mouth off and acting like a child because they won't give you something for you "choosing" to keep your card.

I certainly wouldn't be keeping a 970 now for one simple reason, resale value. You'll take a big hit in a years time, if you do come to sell it.

You'll lose less money on a 970 than you would on a 980 still. Probably a bigger depreciation on a 290x also as those are seen as "old" already.

I don't see the resale value as a big issue honestly, you don't buy high end computer components if depreciation is a concern.

The 970 is approx ~£250 new, if you sell one in a couple of years it will be worth ~£90-£100 just like the 7970 is now. At worst, this will cost you £10-£20 on that. I'd be surprised for it to be that much.

Hi there

OcUK has also decided as Inno3D is our own exclusive brand, anyone again not wishing to keep the product can contact our returns.

That is awesome.

Will have a think about it long and hard.

The Inno3d GTX 980 (super long name) Ultra would be my "upgrade" (for that is what it would be in reality)
However the option to do so is why I said Retail loyalty is more important than brand.

But we will see...

However Thank you very much for the option to do so....

I can also announce already that anyone with a KFA/Galax card, this also includes the Infinity card can return the card if the customer wishes, because again our customers are kings. :)

Still if you wish to return your Galax/KFA2/OcUK 970 you can still do so, please contact our returns for the procedure.

You, sir, are awesome

Glad I spent another grand with you on 290x's :D

I've been brand loyal to Gigabyte when it comes to buying GPU's or MoBos, I love the Windforce cooler in particular. However...

1. I'm not even sure I would want to return my cards as I agree with Gibbo, bang for buck they are untouchable. A future driver or BIOS update may even fix any issues that users have experienced (I myself have not experienced any).
  2. If Gigabyte do not offer the option to return just like EVGA and OCUK have, I won't buy their products again. Again, I agree with Gibbo on this... customer service is priority.

Don't let me down MSI, jump on the happy customer wagon.

We've done KFA2, Galax, Inno3D, OcUK of our own back with because they are brands you can typically only buy from OcUK and we want to put customer first. We are sure they will support us as well as we are close to them.

OcUK is pushing like crazy and I hope to have an internal decision later on the bigger brands, but the hit to OcUK is pretty big, so internally this takes a lot of work to arrange.

But hey we are trying and communicating to you our customers hourly around the clock, name me one competitor worldwide which does this? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom