• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I hadn't bought a Swift I would have kept my 970's for now but I did not buy a premium panel to game at 1080p, and it happens to be the few best looking titles available (my personal opinion) that are hindered by this "nuisance".

Any word from MSI Gibbo? Really hoping the rest of the manufacturers will follow suit. Particularly as MSI tries to uphold a good rep on the customer services side.

Waiting on this as well :)

But as Gibbo has stated "Customer is king" I'm sure that he'll be pushing for the best possible outcome to suit everyone, across all the brands.

customer is king sort rebates out then.

im tempted to start this going on videos media sites now and through other ways .

im not happy with your card still works.

This is pretty childish... I think OCUK are going above and beyond trying to help their customers out..

Rebates are a messy road to go down as its not really down to OCUK to offer rebates.. I Nvidia want to do it so be it..

Full refunds and or upgrade to the next gfx card is more than fair.

Hello there

On this RMA we would have to process a refund and then place a new order I am afraid.

I hope this doesn't cause an issue

Bailey

Not at all Bailey.

I will update the RMA Ticket with a Tracking number when the Mrs sends it to me.

Thanks for all your help guys. Just need to pick a GTX980 now and order it (having a PC minus any Graphics is a pain).....any suggestions?

On a separate note I wonder if someone somewhere is selling a shed load of Nvidia stocks which is why there is a delay in any official response from Nvidia. If there is mass media coverage you can expect them to plummet at the thought of returned stock

Hi there

OcUK has also decided as Inno3D is our own exclusive brand, anyone again not wishing to keep the product can contact our returns.

As already said without the support we are happy to announce already, that we will take back the Inno3D branded cards, KFA2, Galax, OcUK and of course EVGA are treating the customer like kings and happy to sort this without issue.

The big brands we still await feedback on because KFA2, Inno3D and OcUK cards we are supporting by ourselves as they are our own brands and for OcUK customer is king, so we have made the decision to act now. :)

But we remind you 970 is still the same performing product every was raving about and many still are. :)

Hi there

OcUK has also decided as Inno3D is our own exclusive brand, anyone again not wishing to keep the product can contact our returns.

As already said without the support we are happy to announce already, that we will take back the Inno3D branded cards, KFA2, Galax, OcUK and of course EVGA are treating the customer like kings and happy to sort this without issue.

The big brands we still await feedback on because KFA2, Inno3D and OcUK cards we are supporting by ourselves as they are our own brands and for OcUK customer is king, so we have made the decision to act now. :)

But we remind you 970 is still the same performing product every was raving about and many still are. :)

Thanks Gibbo.

This is pretty childish... I think OCUK are going above and beyond trying to help their customers out..

Rebates are a messy road to go down as its not really down to OCUK to offer rebates.. I Nvidia want to do it so be it..

Full refunds and or upgrade to the next gfx card is more than fair.

who you think would foot the refunds ? Nvidia.

Nvidia knew about this issue. they just didnt say anything.

the simple matter is this for me personally.

the nvidia 970 gtx is better at 1080 than any 290. even with issues.

so do i return for a lesser card with more heat power use and slower.
do i keep my card and be ****** at nvidia and maybe ocuk at not trying to rectify for owners like me. ocuk are trying yes well done but upgrading to a more expensive card ! yes that a great profitable solution and even makes them and nvidia more money out of the solution i wonder why that was tabled.

all that does is leave me personally ****** off but with decentish performance.

not sending mine back :cool:

To be honest, IF i still had my 970 i wouldnt send it back
Ok i was pretty miffed at the original findings, and after chatting with brother (he bought a galax black 970) what other option are there?
There is the 290x 4gb (yep get the whole 4gb) but not really a fan of AMD (my opinion)
And im sure if you are hitting 3.5gb anyway, would the extra 512mb make that much difference?
I can understand you guys and girls who are playing at high res/4k / multiple screens etc but for a lot of people at 1080p (myself and brother) are we really losing out that much?

If you did, you could expect law suits coming at you from every direction

Yeah, like any would stick lol.

There's nothing wrong with the 970, as I said about 50 pages back, people want free stuff. A nice free rental of a great card and a full refund.

You wouldnt get it from me thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom