• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Nvidia going to shoulder any of the financial cost?

It's all very well Peter@nvidia saying if you're not happy return the cards, but most of the financial burden related to this appears to be falling on manufacturers and e-tailers.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

i understand what your saying. and i agree

but tbh we are the customers if we are not happy with a product or it isn't running right to what the specs says then people should have the right to return it. as a customer we shouldn't really be worrying who will be financial the cost, it is for the retailer to worry about and get sorted.

Last edited:
not sending mine back :cool:

Not sending mine back either, have SLI running Accelero coolers at 1440p, they are stunning cards! Never had an issue and I run everything maxxed, though generally only 4 x AA. I have completed SOM on ULTRA which uses around 3.6-3.7GB vRAM and no issues at all. That is the only title I have played that exceeds 3.6 GB, hell even 3GB!!

I understand why people are miffed at the false information, personally I still would have bought them given the reviews had they been listed at 3.5GB.

Although Gibbo and his "Customer is king" each post is a bit OTT, his performance stats are facts and I think people need to step back a bit and think of what they are doing and the alternatives they have. If you want a 980 and can afford one why not get one in the first place, I personally cannot afford to buy two 980's with a refund. All these step-ups to 980's have to have nvidia rubbing their greedy hands together, and no doubt OCUK will also come out better.

Last edited:
Hello Gibbo,

I have the EVGA GTX 970 GPU, if I want to return it for a refund would it be sent back to OCUK or EVGA? from my understanding if I want to use the step up program then its EVGA but if I want a refund is it OCUK?

regards

Step up is EVGA
Refund is ocuk

How long do you think before we see drivers out with NV's 'fix'?, I would like to wait before the hassle of sending back but also wonder if refunds would be under way if etailers thought NV could properly fix the issue.

How long do you think before we see drivers out with NV's 'fix'?, I would like to wait before the hassle of sending back but also wonder if refunds would be under way if etailers thought NV could properly fix the issue.

Who knows but nvidia and AMD are always updating drivers and improving performance.

the driver update will just basically block 512MB, going by that article

Arrrrgh! I have an Evga 980 Classified in my basket. Soooo tempted!! Even if Gigabyte don't play ball I should get decent money for my G1's. I do keep looking at that Kfa 980 HOF though

You know, some people here find us OCD, but I have 2xG1 GTX 970 running at 1450 mhz and I have been experiencing stuttering in Dragon Age Inquisition and Shadow or Mordor a 1440p. The fps is good, but the quality of gaming experience is affected. And I am really not happy, given the amount of money I have spent. And next time I will think twice before buying anything from Nvidia.

I would have thought they would be firing them out as soon as possible to try and stem the trickle of RMA's.

I really do think its the enthusiasts driving this (as should be) but the majority of buyers/users will never know, unless they look.
I don't expect it to hurt Nvidia to much, perhaps their margins on bulk orders might be hit a bit as the sales teams for big purchasers squabble about pricing now the card is "tainted" (in brackets for a reason)
I know I would have and have done so in my career...

Step up is EVGA
Refund is ocuk

thanks Gibbo,

I was getting a bit confused as I have a open post in the CS section and I am being told that I need to go to EVGA for my refund and not OCUK, I don't have the spare money to use their step up option so I would like to rma the card and get a refund.

thanks

Still nothing from gigabyte? I'm happy with a good will gesture of some description but I at least want to know that if gigabyte do nothing then ocuk will?

Still nothing from gigabyte? I'm happy with a good will gesture of some description but I at least want to know that if gigabyte do nothing then ocuk will?

Patience man! Gibbo is working behind the scenes and said he would provide an answer to all owners who purchased through ocuk by close of play today.

Gigabyte I believe are the only company who have a disclaimer point at the bottom of the G1 product page stating a certain amount of memory is taken up by the OS. It may be their get out of Jail free card

Patience man! Gibbo is working behind the scenes and said he would provide an answer to all owners who purchased through ocuk by close of play today.

I'm a busy boy and dont have time for patience or being miss sold

Gigabyte I believe are the only company who have a disclaimer point at the bottom of the G1 product page stating a certain amount of memory is taken up by the OS. It may be their get out of Jail free card

Well if that's the case its not miss sold and lesson learned always read the small print on anything I buy but I would be surprised if that's true as I am majorly anal about choosing pc parts and usually read up on everything for hours on end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom