• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi Gibbo.

When returning 970's, do we simply go through the regular RMA service on the website, and is it as simple as recieving a credit note once you recieve the cards?

Cheers.

Soldato
It is very possible NVidia are doing something behind the scenes to help out, but quite frankly they no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt. Plus it would be far too good a PR opportunity to turn down if they were.

A statement of 'we don't believe in refunds for these cards, BUT if a retailer makes their own decision on this we will help support them'

That way they are sticking to the party line, making a commitment that could mean anything from financial support to sending Gibbo a bunch of flowers and gaining some confidence back from consumers.

So no, without proof it’s very easy for me to believe NVidia are doing the sum total of nothing.

Obviously that is your perogative, I feel the same way about AMD having been misled by them and losing money selling off their products when I discovered they couldn't do what was promised... I wasn't given a choice to return them for a full refund either.

OcUK Staff
Oh giga & msi :mad:

Looks like Galax and EVGA from now on

I am sure maybe next week they might change their mind, but I am not willing to wait any longer, I only asked them to support OcUK, not global support that is there decision.

MSI and Gigabyte make great products, but in matters such as this keeping the customer happy is of upmost important and they need to realise the amount of cards that will come back is minimal, 99% of customers are over the moon with their 970. :)

Associate
I've been living in a cave and only just heard about this last night! I've skimmed through this huge thread and get the general gist.

While I've not noticed any problems gaming on my MSI 970 at 1080p I'm not happy about the card being inherently gimped and had I have known this at time of purchase no way would I have touched it. I plan on a new higher resolution monitor in the future and who knows what demands games will make further down the line. I'm guessing second hand value on these will plummet as well, so when it comes to upgrading you won't get much back :(

I came from a 7970 and will probably return the 970 in favour of another AMD card but what about the bundled games that came with these cards, does this effect the return?

You'll be fine! The returned cards will be sold as b-stock and thus won't include any promotional deals with new items.

OCUK has some great deals on aftermarket 290x cards.

OcUK Staff
Hi Gibbo.

When returning 970's, do we simply go through the regular RMA service on the website, and is it as simple as recieving a credit note once you recieve the cards?

Cheers.

Contact RMA department, they know the procedures but they have the green light from me. :)

OcUK Staff
We are all here to help and as Gibbo says customers and customer service is king.

If you are unhappy and want to return the cards please feel free to get in touch with my support team and we can issue RMA's.

However please remember this is still an awesome card (I have one myself)

The cards performance is brilliant and value for money as well.

Regards

Bailey

Soldato
I'd like to see how many people actually exchange their 970 cards as I don't reckon it'll be that many percentage wise. Also is it because they have tangible problems that need addressing or that they're not happy with the way Nvidia have handled the situation?

Associate
Many people simply wont consider brands in the future that didn't have ours and OcUks backs on this one, its a very short sighted standpoint for the 'no' brands to take since the customer base here is most than just a vocal minority its the trend setters that regular joe's come to for build advice and that may translate into real world sales loss's.

Associate
I'd like to see how many people actually exchange their 970 cards as I don't reckon it'll be that many percentage wise. Also is it because they have tangible problems that need addressing or that they're not happy with the way Nvidia have handled the situation?

For me it's both. I'm having severe microstutter and hitching over SLI when I hit 3.5GB at 1440p. Also, I am displeased with Nvidia's attitude and want to give AMD my money instead.

Associate
Hi there

I now have a final update on all brands:

YES BRANDS! (Supporting OcUK)

OcUK Brand: We support these ourselves as customer is king.
KFA2 (Formerly Galax): Supporting OcUK to keep our cost minimal.
Inno3D: Supporting OcUK to keep our cost minimal.
EVGA: Supporting OcUK to keep our cost minimal and offering step up for customers contacting them directly.
Asus: No decision but their support in past has being legendary so we are confident they will have our backs.
Zotac: Looking into it but want to support but need final decision to come form big boss, looking good though!

NO BRANDS! (Refusing to support or make a decision this week)

- Gigabyte: Will not accept returns, but have not come to a final decision. As such OcUK shall still take them back and cover all the cost ourselves.
- MSI: Want to still think about it and decide next week. OcUK is fed up of waiting and as such will take back cards now and we shall cover the cost ourselves.

And now I have a list on which card manufacturers to buy from the the future.... from OCUK of course! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OcUK Staff

Well I ran some stats, so far just shy of 20,000 970's sold by OcUK and authorised returns so far is 11pc.

The numbers will be little because the 970 is bloody amazing, this is blown out of proportion to be honest but here at OcUK the customer is king and comes first. :)

Associate
I may be disappointed with Gigabyte, appalled with NVidia but as far as OCUK go you have virtually guaranteed my exclusivity.

Thank you very much for your effort in all this Gibbo and everyone working behind the scenes at overclockers, like you I do not forget.

I will be writing to both Gigabyte and NVidia, and while I doubt it will achieve much hopefully it will have some impact on their decisions to support you.

Soldato
If the other brands don't step up to support OcUK, I shall be avoiding them on my next card purchase.

Well done OcUK, you've seen the bigger picture in all of this and made a massive positive (in business terms) out of a huge negative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom