• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Fantastic service from Gibbo and OcUK, You've just secured all my future purchases, I'll also remember which brands to avoid :)

I'm not 100% certain I'm going to return my 970, like I said previously I'm more concerned with how things pan out in the future regarding both performance and depreciation in second hand value. I'm also very disappointed in NVidia :(

Bought my 970 just before Christmas is there any sort of time limit for returns?

Associate
Hey Guys

this is open till the end of February to give you some breathing space.

Please contact my RMA staff in order to create a return on the cards before you send them back.

Thanks

Bailey

Will you be re-selling the 970's as B-Line products or do they go into the ramgate incinerator:p (I'd quite like to buy one if the price is right!)

Note: First post in this thread however I have followed it VERY closely at work. Good job guys. If people don't speak up how will anyone hear :)

Soldato
Fantastic service from Gibbo and OcUK, You've just secured all my future purchases, I'll also remember which brands to avoid :)

I'm not 100% certain I'm going to return my 970, like I said previously I'm more concerned with how things pan out in the future regarding both performance and depreciation in second hand value. I'm also very disappointed in NVidia :(

Bought my 970 just before Christmas is there any sort of time limit for returns?

End of Feb.

Soldato
I'm surprised to see a retailer say there's nothing wrong so early when things can change.
It's still relatively early days, statements have been made and retracted and more knowledgeable people are testing and noticing some discrepancies .

I'm going to sit on mine for now, ultimately I can't believe either side right now but the only issue I have is the misinformation, or left out information that I think may have swayed my decision.

Associate
Anyone get a reply from Roy Taylor?

Got a reply yesterday saying to give him 24hrs and XFX or Doug Stoakley will be in touch,

I got my MSI cards from the MM here so I am double stuffed and they were not originally from OCUK so Unless Gibbo wants to extend me some INCREDIBLE customer service and take these cards at the value I paid on the MM + £200 from me for a couple of 8gb 290x's I am stuck (I know that's not going to happen but hey no point in throwing it out there lol)

Associate
Got a reply yesterday saying to give him 24hrs and XFX or Doug Stoakley will be in touch,

I got my MSI cards from the MM here so I am double stuffed and they were not originally from OCUK so Unless Gibbo wants to extend me some INCREDIBLE customer service and take these cards at the value I paid on the MM + £200 from me for a couple of 8gb 290x's I am stuck (I know that's not going to happen but hey no point in throwing it out there lol)

It was via email wasn't kt ? I'm not being dumb or anything as hadn't received a peep from um

Associate
Hey Guys

this is open till the end of February to give you some breathing space.

Please contact my RMA staff in order to create a return on the cards before you send them back.

Thanks

Bailey

Hi Bailey. Contacted Support this morning via webnote, they said there was an RMA raised for me and that all info was attached in the email they recently sent but i've had no other email? I will be coming into the shop hopefully tomorrow, so I presume I just show you or someone the email I received back this morning because that's all i've got plus my reciept.

Soldato
Next time I see someone moaning about OcUK's poor customer service on HUKD or anywhere else I'll show them this thread ;)

Thanks for the "breathing space" again excellent service :)

Soldato
I have read what Gibbo and Bailey have posted, many many thanks for that :)

Sorry for just needing it confirmed here but if I get an RMA number for my MSI 970GTX and order a KFA2 GeForce GTX 980 SOC Gamer 4096MB at the same time would I be ok waiting to send the MSI card back until the KFA2 arrives....?

The MSI 970 GTX is like new and completely box with all the bits etc.

And how quickly could the refund happen....? I just couldn't take the hit of not having the cash back for the 970 and buy the 980 as well for too long.

Do I have to ring to get and RMA sorted or will a post in the Customer Service section linked to my order number be enough...?

How are the cards returned, by what postage method etc...?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom